Windows 10: Can't solve event ID 10016

Discus and support Can't solve event ID 10016 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently upgraded the hardware on my system, I downloaded all the most up to date drivers and did a fresh iso install of windows 10. I have been having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElliotH1, May 28, 2020.

1. ElliotH1 Win User

Can't solve event ID 10016

Recently upgraded the hardware on my system, I downloaded all the most up to date drivers and did a fresh iso install of windows 10. I have been having crashes ever since I added the new gpu which was the last piece of hardware to arrive. The same day is when I freshly installed my windows and all the drivers including the gpu and motherboard. Any time I tried to play a game the screen went black and I was left with a blue screen:

- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

I ran memory tests, disk test and they came up fine. I recently managed to download and play a game by only installing the gpu drivers and not the integrated software which was a suggested resolve and I thought it had worked, but I am still getting blackscreen every now and then and a crash in another game, no more blue screen of death as of yet.

Throughout all of this I have consistently had warning/error/critical levels in my event viewer, the majority being event id: 10016
    Most of the time without a clear CLSID for me to find in reg edit:

- CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
    and APPID Unavailable

The warning events that do have clear CLSID don't allow me to make the 'Administrator' the owner and I have followed the exact steps on how to do this, example:

- CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

I have also had warnings for event id 4101- amdkmdag stopped responding

I have run system integrity check which came up clear and have tried reinstalling the gpu drivers multiple times and am unsure what to do.

Specs:

• CPU- R5 3600 using a Noctua NH-U14S cooler

• GPU- rx 5700 xt

• MOBO- msi b450i gaming plus ac

• RAM- Corsair Vengence LPX 3000mhz ddr4 2x8

• CX650M PSU

:)

ElliotH1, May 28, 2020

2. event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, May 28, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Can't solve event ID 10016 :)

Eagle51, May 28, 2020
  4. Clint Win User

Event ID 10016

I changed it to Administrators and gave it full control in Reg. Then re-booted. When I go to DECOM config, It's all grayed out. I tried login as administrator and same thing. Any Ideas?

Clint, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't solve event ID 10016 - Similar Threads - Can't solve event

2. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM: Every time the PC starts I have the following error. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 25/05/2018 07:35:47 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: Home-PC\User Computer: Home-PC Description: The...
  3. DistributiveCOM event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    DistributiveCOM event id 10016: While troubleshooting a random shutdown/reboot issue, which has been solved, I noticed an error in event viewer. I am getting error: DistributiveCOM event id 10016. It shows 27 in the last 24 hours and 227 in the last 7 days. I have read many post on this issue and am having...
  4. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Greetings. Updated to 1803 17134.1 without a problem but one error - Distributed COM event ID 10016. Experienced this event ID many times previously and have fixed by changing permissions in Registry but this one has no known CLSID/APPID. "The application-specific...
  5. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID: This is unfortunately not the 5th or 100th such post on this topic in these forums. But I've followed the advice on many of the threads, believe in my heart of hearts that I've done it right, and the problem is persisting. At each computer restart, my event log logs the...
  6. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Sounds like we might all learn something from your further investigations. Do keep us posted, please. Best of luck in running this to ground. --Ed--
  7. Event ID 10016

Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  8. Persistent EVENT ID 10016

Persistent EVENT ID 10016: Hello, every hour I get this error: Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Event ID: 10016 Level: Error User: SYSTEM Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...
  10. event ID 10016 - immersive shell

in Windows 10 Support
    event ID 10016 - immersive shell: Hello - I have implemented the permissions I've seen advised on here and the MS answers forum, but the error is still occurring. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes will spot something. Here's the error from the event viewer, and an image from dcomcnfg showing the permissions set....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 4101 amdkmdag