Windows 10: Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

Discus and support Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I had to reinstall Windows 10 about a week ago for unrelated reasons, but I had moved my Captures folder to my gaming SSD (F:\). When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UNSC_John-117, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar bX8AY28SbJZdOyifUuWoFlhnh95qpW0SBraaR91vLqA.jpg

I had to reinstall Windows 10 about a week ago for unrelated reasons, but I had moved my Captures folder to my gaming SSD (F:\). When I reinstalled, I moved the empty captures folder in the default location to the current location. However, GameBar now saves to my temp folder and the default folder is non-existent. Is there a way to manually specify where GB saves captures?

https://preview.redd.it/1tqjtafl18c...bp&s=561711f02f1a187579be3f6e998a3e5eb071845b

submitted by /u/UNSC_John-117
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UNSC_John-117, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to restore the default location for GameBar Captures, I’ll help you with the steps to do this.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, and select
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

You can create a New Folder under the Videos folder and rename it as Captures. After renaming the folder refer the steps mentioned below to change the location for saving the captures:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, select
      Move
      and navigate to the Captures folder that you have created inside
      Videos folder.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

Hi, I followed your steps but the captures are still saved in my video folder, now located in C:\Users\\Videos. How could I change the capture save location to C:\Users\\Videos\Captures? Thanks for the help.

Superkman23, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

1. Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar - Similar Threads - Can't specify Captures

2. xbox gamebar capture has black bar around it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox gamebar capture has black bar around it: whenever I tried to use the xbox gamebar capture feature it looked like this:this started happening about a week ago, before it was perfectly fine & fullscreen. I don't know how to get it back to how it was previously. by the way, I saw this same question asked and people...
  3. Windows freezing while using gamebar capture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing while using gamebar capture: Hello, I have had this issue for a week or 2. I have tried searching for a solution and fix it but none of them worked. I have online classes which i record using the xbox gamebar capture, while doing so after awhile my screen freezes up. I can't open task manager, shut...
  4. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  5. Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error: I have an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition with Windows 10, have been using it to play, record and stream games for years with no issue until very recently. (within the last two weeks) Microsoft/Xbox Gamebar, an app that lets me record game footage at the press of a button on...
  6. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  7. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location: I accidentally deleted the captures folder, and it changed the save location to D:\Videos. This is very annoying as I take many screenshots and clips. Is there anyway to change the save location of captures back to the captures folder?[ATTACH]...
  8. can't use gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't use gamebar: Can't use gamebar. It says I don't have the right videocard. I do. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-gamebar/5588dbf3-632f-4129-99e9-e1c1af964bd6
  9. Change name of GameBar Captures.

Change name of GameBar Captures.: Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of {game} - {timestamp}, I can change it to just {timestamp}....
  10. Lost my game capture folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my game capture folder.: Hi, I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamebar capture folder crash

2. how can i rename my captures on the folder