Windows 10: Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

Discus and support Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, hope you all doing well. I trying to ssh from Linux Mint to Windows10 but it is asking for password but the problem is that I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nimo_xhan, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

Hello guys, hope you all doing well. I trying to ssh from Linux Mint to Windows10 but it is asking for password but the problem is that I don't have any password set for my windows. So where can i find password for my windows ssh.

I'm using windows 10 builtin ssh-service. I've also installed the OpenSSH from powershell.

[ I'm new to all this stuff please help me thank you ]

submitted by /u/nimo_xhan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nimo_xhan, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jun 10, 2020
  3. ssh and Windows 10 Not Working

There are two desktop computers in my home:

One running Debian Linux and one running Windows 10.

They both access the Web through a wireless router (Verizon).

The issue is that I cannot access the Windows box via ssh (OpenSSH or PuTTY).

I am able to access the Linux box from the Windows box - via ssh (via both OpenSSH and PuTTY).

For the sake of simplicity and in order to eliminate Linux from the equation, I tried:

ssh localhost

ssh 192.168.1.2

ssh HOME

ssh matt@localhost

ssh matt@192.168.1.2

ssh matt@ HOME

(where localhost, 192.168.1.2, and HOME are all the Windows box).

None of those 3 worked - either in PuTTY or in OpenSSH.

I either get:

Connection to localhost closed by remote host.

Connection to localhost closed.

Or I get:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.2 port 22: Connection timed out

-

I wanted to make sure that I could access this PC from another in one way or another
    - so I went ahead and created a homegroup which this computer and another household Windows 10 (laptop) are part of. That other Windows 10 PC
    is able to access this PC (and, for what it's worth, this PC can access the laptop).

Note that a firewall runs on the Windows box. But I get the same results whether it's up or down.

Anyone know what's going on?

TIA, Matt

ManThisIsReallyBizarre, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

SSH client error on windows10

Dear Concern,

SSH client is not working properly on my windows 10 . when i am tring to connect as a ssh client i am getting

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ssh admin@180.148.208.7 -p 420

Unable to negotiate with 180.148.208.7 port 420: no matching key exchange method found.

Their offer: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

rajeshbose, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

1. Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!! - Similar Threads - Can't ssh Windows10

2. Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu: I tried to connect my windows11 from another computerubuntu with same network but it can't be done. It's shown result: Permission Denied publickey, keyboard-interactive. On the other hand, I can connect from my windows 11 to another computer in same network. I tried all...
  3. Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu: I tried to connect my windows11 from another computerubuntu with same network but it can't be done. It's shown result: Permission Denied publickey, keyboard-interactive. On the other hand, I can connect from my windows 11 to another computer in same network. I tried all...
  4. Cannot SSH to windows from linux - No route to host

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot SSH to windows from linux - No route to host: I'm trying to ssh from a linux to a windows system. I'm able to connect windows-to-linux but not linux-to-windows. On linux-to-windows ssh attempt, I get an error that says No route to host. When I ping the IP address of the windows system from linux it says Destination...
  5. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  6. SSH troubles on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSH troubles on Windows10: Hello, In my network I have a linux machine and a windows10 machine. I would like to access the linux machine from windows10 using openssh. The problem is that openssh does not work at all error: connection timed out. I tried to use powershell, uninstall openssh and...
  7. Can't configure a ssh

Can't configure a ssh: Hi! Would you help me with the next issue? After installing OpenSSH Server and OpenSSH Client did not appear an sshd serviceI don't know would it should appear, but following the tutorial it must With the next steps from the tutorial I also have problems. First of them:...
  8. SSH into Windows from Linux and run CLI/GUI apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSH into Windows from Linux and run CLI/GUI apps: I do not get used to wsl, and I do not think wsl2 is going to be the better solution. I run a Linux VM on my Windows hypervisor, I mounted my C drive and I'm connecting to it via shh. My first Idea was to write a bash script, that connects from the Linux VM via ssh to the...
  9. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Linux mint to windows10: Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB. It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my...
  10. OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config

OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config: SSH for Windows 10 I get the message "Bad owner or permissions on C: \\ Users \\ nnn / .ssh / config Apart from update no other changes. Does anyone have any idea what that could be. If I delete the config file I get a connection. The Config file is required by Visual...