Windows 10: Can't start a service due to Error 1053

Discus and support Can't start a service due to Error 1053 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Rockstar Games Launcher wouldn't start anymore, even after multiple reinstallations, so I decided to manually start the associated service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksio89, May 21, 2021.

1. ksio89 Win User

Can't start a service due to Error 1053

Rockstar Games Launcher wouldn't start anymore, even after multiple reinstallations, so I decided to manually start the associated service (RockstarService.exe) from Services console. However, the service won't start and this error message appears: Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I did some research and read that a possible fix was creating a ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD with value 180000 and place it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control and reboot, but it didn't work. I had the same issue with Daemon Tools Pro (DiscSoftBusServicePro.exe) on another machine, and I fixed it by importing the registry key from a working installation from another computer. Not even a in-place upgrade of Windows worked, only a working regkey did. However, I tried the same procedure for RGL, merging an imported HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rockstar Service, but this time it didn't work. This is not the first time RGL service wouldn't start, but last time it arose I fixed it by starting the service manually, however nothing seems to work now. I have just refreshed Windows because of multiple corrupted files, and I don't feel like doing it again. I don't get why this issue happens, any idea on how can I start this service?

:)

ksio89, May 21, 2021
  2. Permep Win User

Unable to start service, error 1053

Hello, after updating Windows 10 to the latest build, the HUAWEI web modem service does not start, it will not help reinstall Internet Manager, fixing this problem is important to me because I can not use T-Mobile internet (via the program installed on the modem, connect and disconnect to the internet)

The exact error message is : "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

I made two screenshots

My internet modem is

LTE USB Stick
    HUAWEI E3372

Please help *cry

Permep, May 21, 2021
  3. I can't Start a Service in a Application server . Error 1053 showing.

In my application server I cannot start a service in services. There is a service called Infor validation service when I start this service its shows error called error 1053. Are there any fix for this one

LahiruRandika, May 21, 2021
  4. Can't start a service due to Error 1053

Error 1053 Printer Spooler

Hi Ann Marie,

This error mostly occurs when you're trying to install a printer or when printing a document. It indicates that the spooler service is unable to register its status in service control manager. To troubleshoot your printer issue, you can check
    Gwen_2012's answer on this link. Some users found her
    answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided. This also applies to Windows 10.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't start a service due to Error 1053

1. Can't start a service due to Error 1053 - Similar Threads - Can't start service

2. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  3. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  4. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053: When trying to open an MSI file on Windows, it failed to open. I suspected it was due to Windows Installer. Upon investigation, I found that Windows Installer was not running. When attempting to start the Windows Installer service, I encountered Error 1053: The service did...
  6. Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053

Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053: When trying to open an MSI file on Windows, it failed to open. I suspected it was due to Windows Installer. Upon investigation, I found that Windows Installer was not running. When attempting to start the Windows Installer service, I encountered Error 1053: The service did...
  7. Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053: When trying to open an MSI file on Windows, it failed to open. I suspected it was due to Windows Installer. Upon investigation, I found that Windows Installer was not running. When attempting to start the Windows Installer service, I encountered Error 1053 which states: The...
  8. Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053

Windows Installer service cannot be started, Error: 1053: When trying to open an MSI file on Windows, it failed to open. I suspected it was due to Windows Installer. Upon investigation, I found that Windows Installer was not running. When attempting to start the Windows Installer service, I encountered Error 1053 which states: The...
  9. error 1053: custom service does not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 1053: custom service does not start: Hi all, I created a service from an .EXE file: sc.exe create "MyServiceName" type= own start= auto binPath= "C:\scripts\MyEXEName.exe" and the service has been created successfully If I try to start from "services" app, I get this error Error 1053: the service did...
  10. Unable to start service, error 1053

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to start service, error 1053: Hello, after updating Windows 10 to the latest build, the HUAWEI web modem service does not start, it will not help reinstall Internet Manager, fixing this problem is important to me because I can not use T-Mobile internet (via the program installed on the modem, connect and...