Windows 10: Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing

Discus and support Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In my Windows 10 PC, my main drive has two partitions: a C: partition, which is OK, not dirty with all my data and the OS and an E: partition which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrandonSky, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing

In my Windows 10 PC, my main drive has two partitions: a C: partition, which is OK, not dirty with all my data and the OS and an E: partition which is a backup partition. Which is dirty.

Every time I try to start Windows 10, it lets me skip the disk check after a few seconds, but then it automatically tries to fix the dirty E: partition, which does not contain the OS nor any important data, without any success it freezes at 77%, stage 2, every time. Likely a bad sector.

It freezes and I am unable to start Windows 10

Any ideas? Is it possible to start the C: partition without checking the corrupt E: partition and subsequently freezing? Without losing any data of the C: drive?

Just remembering, C: and E: are two partitions of the same drive.

:)

BrandonSky, Sep 4, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 4, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing

1. Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing - Similar Threads - Can't start computer

2. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  3. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  4. I can't unninstall a game due to corrupted files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't unninstall a game due to corrupted files.: So, i installed Jade Empire from the EA app and i made a system restore to 3 days ago.Now i can't unninstall the game itself because it says there are some corrupted files, the game is nowhere to be found, i can't repair it or install it again and i'm pretty much stuck. i...
  5. I can't unninstall a game due to corrupted files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't unninstall a game due to corrupted files.: So, i installed Jade Empire from the EA app and i made a system restore to 3 days ago.Now i can't unninstall the game itself because it says there are some corrupted files, the game is nowhere to be found, i can't repair it or install it again and i'm pretty much stuck. i...
  6. Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD: Hello all, Ever since the beginning of using my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53, I have experienced stuttering whenever I doany kind of new task such as opening an application, opening a new tab, or even just scrolling through a loaded webpage.After doing a multitude of possible...
  7. Corrupted Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Partition: Needing to reinstall a fresh copy of windows, I created a partition for the windows 10 installation media on the external SSD I use for backups. The installation went fine, but the backup portion of the drive disappeared afterwards. Neither the installation media partition...
  8. Can't start computer due to stuck fixing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't start computer due to stuck fixing: Every time I try to start Windows 10, it lets me skip the disk check after a few seconds, but then it automatically tries to fix the drive, without any success it freezes at 77%, stage 2, every time. Likely a bad sector. It freezes and I am unable to start Windows 10 Any...
  9. Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo: I have a weird problem. I reinstalled my Windows and the Xbox (Beta) app wasn't able to find my installed games so I had to delete them manually (because the stupid app wouldn't let me reinstall them on the same drive). Now MS don't want you to have access to the game files...
  10. Corrupted Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Partition: Hello, I had a similar issue that this user experienced in the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-partition-issue/140614da-a921-4b63-9763-1b2991983456 The only difference is the solution that was given gave the error "A...