Windows 10: Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working...

Discus and support Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RealVolty [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealVolty, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working...

/u/RealVolty, Dec 24, 2020
  2. MarcM97 Win User

Service "IP Helper" deactivates after every restart - Teredo is unable to qualify

Hey, It's my first question in this forum, so if something (eg. the topic) isn't right please just tell me Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working... :)

Windows 10 Education build 1809

(the same issue occured with Windows 10 Home, I just recently upgraded it to education)

To get straight to it: I want to activate the IP Helper service permanently. (This service is required for Teredo, and hence Xbox, to function properly)

I tried activating it via Services>IP Helper>Properties>Startup Type>automatic. In other words, I know how to activate it (simply by pressing on start in "Properties") but I don't want to activate it every time after a restart (hence the automatic startup
    type). However, after every reboot the settings change back to default, which is startup type = manual (and obviously IP Helper isn't running after the reboot).

Next thing I tried was going into the registry "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc" and changing the value of "Start" to "2", which changes the start type to automatic. Again, after a reboot, the key value changed back
    to default, which is "3" corresponding to start type = manual.

It seems that this issue occurs quite often, that is, registry changes reverting after a reboot. So I tried a clean boot to see wether any programm changes this setting or registry. Sadly, after every clean boot the registry change still reverted to default
    and the "IP Helper"-settings back to manual (default). Hence, no third party programm changes this setting on startup (at least that's my conclusion).

I don't have any other ideas on how to solve this and the Microsoft Phone Support couldn't give me any helpful answers, so you guys are my last hope. I'd be very grateful if you could help with changing this setting or the registry entry in a way that sticks
    after a reboot.

Edit 1: On my Laptop the startup type is set to automatic and the service is running after every reboot (as I want it to be, it must be possible somehow). I'm logged in with the same Microsoft Account on both my PC and my Laptop, my Laptop uses Win10 Home

Edit 2: My final goal is of course that all Xbox online features work properly, that is, resolving the "Teredo is unable to qualify" error. However, before suggestions regarding the "Teredo is unable to qualify" error inside the xbox app are made, please
    just note that I narrowed it down to the service "Ip helper", which is required to be running in order for teredo (and xbox) work. If this service is active, everything works like it's supposed to.

***Original Title: Service "IP Helper" deactivates after every restart***

MarcM97, Dec 24, 2020
  3. JoseG21 Win User
    Teredo error on Xbox App on Win10

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the Teredo adapter not working on Xbox App for Win10.

I've gone through a lot of the troubleshooting steps and left with no success.

I went through my services list and tried starting my IP Helper but that gave me errors then I tried fixing that one and nothing.. still not working.. still no solution so any help would be amazing.

Thank you so much in advance. Very much appreciate it.

JoseG21, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working...

IP Helper won't start automatically, despite being set to.

Not only does IP Helper not automatically start, it resets the default properties to default thus going back to "manual" after boot, even though I changed it to "automatic". I've been tinkering with this for quite some time, trying numerous troubleshooting
    methods. I am currently able to start IP Helper anytime I please, but the goal is not having to do so every time I want to play an Xbox game or chat on the Xbox App, which needs Teredo to function. But Teredo can't function without IP Helper, so that's why
    I'm bothering with it. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Winds Howling, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working...

1. Can't start IP Helper, gives error code: 1068, I need this for Teredo cuz it's not working... - Similar Threads - Can't start Helper

2. IP helper not starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP helper not starting: I can't get IP helper to start and I haven't managed to find out what causes this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-not-starting/78a0dc17-c539-4bca-a52b-862e41afa1e8
  3. IP helper needs constant restarts to allow Xbox Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IP helper needs constant restarts to allow Xbox Connection: Trying to play Forza 4 with my friends and the only way to get online is if I open services and restart IPhelper, however this only works for a few seconds to a few hours. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/Justindman1 [link] [comments]...
  4. WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068: Windows Connection Manager can't be started, it started then stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-cant-be-started-error1068/af2c378a-ac23-4830-9530-71e99507dc75
  5. IP Helper wont start in Services.msc

IP Helper wont start in Services.msc: I cant run IP Helper service in Windows 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-wont-start-in-servicesmsc/05eb7a72-957a-4c2f-8b38-028e0fdba262
  6. Cannot start IP HELPER NEED HELP WinHTTPAutoProxySvc Disabled and Can't Enable it!

Cannot start IP HELPER NEED HELP WinHTTPAutoProxySvc Disabled and Can't Enable it!: Here are some screenshots of some checks I did from findings: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-start-ip-helper-need-help/46016c32-8ec3-4488-8cde-32e43f8f504a
  7. Workstation service not starting 1068 error

Workstation service not starting 1068 error: Hello, After I updated Windows 10 Ver 2004, I lost my network drives. While I tried to find solutions, I found out that workstation service was not working 1068 error. I read and tried a couple of solutions described here and there, but nothing worked out. I'm considering...
  8. ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?: w10 1909 Does anyone know why IP Helper service causes such a huge memory leak? on google, this seems to be an ongoing problem since windows 7. it eats 2gb of ram, and somehow causes WMI to eat another 2gb of ram.I stopped the IP Helper service to recover the ram, and it...
  9. IP Helper won't start automatically, despite being set to.

IP Helper won't start automatically, despite being set to.: Not only does IP Helper not automatically start, it resets the default properties to default thus going back to "manual" after boot, even though I changed it to "automatic". I've been tinkering with this for quite some time, trying numerous troubleshooting methods. I am...
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...