Windows 10: Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no

Discus and support Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing and starting Metro apps, they close immediately, showing the window-box just for a fraction of second.There are 3 different error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hale_ru, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Hale_ru Win User

Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no

After installing and starting Metro apps, they close immediately, showing the window-box just for a fraction of second.There are 3 different error messages in the "Applications" logCan't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no :provider: ESENT, EventID 454DllHost 7620,U,98 Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1907.Provider: ESENT, EventID 494DllHost 7620,U,98 Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery failed with error -1216 because

:)

Hale_ru, Jun 12, 2021
  2. rohidroid Win User

Start and Metro Apps are not working

Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now after two weeks... the exact same thing happened. Start, Action Center, Settings, Search... not working. Tried the powershell command, didn't work. Also I cannot create a new user because the settings app crashes... Start wouldn't come up at all. Metro Apps like Calculator, Store and all, they just simply crash after showing the splash screen for a second. Please help me out, I can't do another reformat... And Microsoft!! Why do you release buggy stable versions!!??
    Thank You!

rohidroid, Jun 12, 2021
  3. rohidroid Win User
    Start and Metro Apps are not working

Bump!

rohidroid, Jun 12, 2021
  4. noahw86 Win User

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why.

What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind.

And as for the start menu, the file is being applied to the default profile and i can open the layoutmodification.xml file in the current user location and the default user location and the contents of it match the desirable xml file on the SCCM server that's being deployed, but the start menu still looks original to a fresh Win10 install, but it also has messed up metro app shortcuts that are left behind from the apps that were removed.

Why is this? Is it because of patching my WIM within SCCM to have the latest patches\updates?

I've included a screen shot of what it looks like now on the start menu and my currently installed metro apps. The other is the screenshot of the current update status to the WIM within SCCM

noahw86, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no - Similar Threads - Can't start many

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Most Windows metro apps are not using the preferred language entirely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Windows metro apps are not using the preferred language entirely: [ATTACH] Just changed my Windows language to French but the Windows Setting, notification bar, and most metro apps refused to use it entirely. So I got this code-switching language. The other programs work fine though, the login screen too. Things I have done: Connect to...
  4. Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start: I've searched the Win10 forum, but haven't found whether it is possible to change the amount of apps that appear in the MOST USED apps in Start. For instance, currently, my MOST USED apps show 6 apps. I would like to change it to 10. I have the RECENTLY ADDED apps...
  5. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  6. Can't open and Metro style Windows app

Can't open and Metro style Windows app: I seem to have had a major Windows 10 Pro X64 failure. After a couple days of investigation, I'm stumped. -Right now, I can't open and Metro style Windows apps including Settings. -I also can't open "services.msc" (I get a window that says Microsoft Services...
  7. Start and Metro Apps are not working

Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  8. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  9. I have Finnaly Found An App That will Remove Most Metro Apps

I have Finnaly Found An App That will Remove Most Metro Apps: This application will also provide privacy if you choose that. It can remove All of the Apps permanently if you allow it to. I did not and I made a current image of my system before I used this. Below is an image of the Apps that were left: [img] If you decide to use...
  10. Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load: Hi, I've become a victim of the "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" error. The Start menu prompts this error to appear, while Cortana, Battery, Wireless, Sound, Notifications and Clock also do not respond to clicks;...