Windows 10: Can't start new build system

Discus and support Can't start new build system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm remotely helping my grandson build a new computer (remotely over SKYPE due to COVID). We have everything put together and I believe that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dsscottage, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Can't start new build system

I'm remotely helping my grandson build a new computer (remotely over SKYPE due to COVID).

We have everything put together and I believe that it is correctly done. However, we are unable to access the BIOS when the system is originally started.

The following are the main components:
    -NZXT H510 Compact Atx Mid-Tower Case
    -Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
    -AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor
    -Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard
    -CORSAIR CX Series, CX450, 450 Watt power supply
    -Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
    -Windows 10 Home X64 (not yet installed)

When we turn on the computer, I would expect the computer to boot directly to the BIOS so that we can set the boot order (i.e. so Win can be loaded from a USB stick). When this didn't happen, we attempted to press "Del" repeatedly during POST. In either case, we get a black screen.

The monitor appears to be working since we get a "No Video" signal. We have tried 2 monitors with the same result. The HDMI cable was being used on a PS4 system and was working.

We have disconnected and reconnected the "ATX-12V" cable on the motherboard. I believe this is what supplies power to the CPU. It is installed in the correct orientation (given the socket, it can only be installed in one orientation)

The system and CPU fans operate so there is power to the MB.

In case the BIOS default was set to boot from USB, we connected the Windows USB stick and tried to boot - still a black screen.

Maybe I'm too tired after helping with the installation over SKYPE but I'm at a loss as what to try next.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

dsscottage, Aug 14, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Aug 14, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

Case is final and already bought

SilverStone GD09B
    PSU is also already bought
    And Motherboard

Durvelle27, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Can't start new build system

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't start new build system

1. Can't start new build system - Similar Threads - Can't start build

2. New Build Start Up Issues & Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    New Build Start Up Issues & Crashes: Hello all, i've been a member of this site for a long time but have never posted before as i moved away from PC building quite some time ago. This means i'm just not up to date enough to help my son with his current PC issue. I know it's not really good forum etiquette to...
  3. New Build child can't login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Build child can't login: Ok so I am losing my mind here, I have been searching like crazy but can't find the answer. Long story short I upgraded my kids PC, new mobo cpu etc, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 and activated with digital license. I went into accounts and clicked allow login for my...
  4. Building new system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Building new system: I'm building a new windows 10 system for a friend out of town. I've created a login so I can preinstall a bunch of software for them, but now I want to set it so when they get it they will be asked for new account info and be able to create their own login. I've done this...
  5. BSOD System Service Exception on New Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System Service Exception on New Build: Hi there! I recently built a PC but have been experiencing a few blue screen of deaths per day. The most consistent message is system_service_exception. I've already updated all drivers across my system and tested RAM. Can anyone please check out my minidump files to see...
  6. New System Build Little Bitty Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New System Build Little Bitty Question: Shop Did a rebuild of my old Desktop, and reused the following components, Ram which is fine, my Samsung SSD, and Storage drive, it appears somehow they hid all the old hardware, and somehow got Windows 10 Pro to work with new board, and processor. IF i show hidden devices...
  7. New system build keeps crashing

New system build keeps crashing: I have built a new system and it keeps crashing. The BSOD is displaying the error code for SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-system-build-keeps-crashing/b6c712e8-61b3-45fa-92e5-259f10fd6c37
  8. Building a new Intel i9 9960X system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a new Intel i9 9960X system: I'm building a new system using an Intel i9-9960X CPU. Do I need to have Win10 Pro for Workstations or will a standard Win10 Pro do? Getting conflicting information and I can't find a definitive answer. Only that Xeon's require Win10 Pro for Workstations. TIA -Dave...
  9. New System build with multiple BSODs

New System build with multiple BSODs: Hello, I recently built a new computer, I've been having several stability issues and crashes. I'm running the following system. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-G3M0DMS System Type...
  10. New system build, new long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New system build, new long boot times: So this one I've done a lot of searching on and I haven't found an answer that's worked for me, yet. Last week I got a new motherboard, processor, and RAM. I installed the new components followed by a fresh install of Windows 10, got it activated, everything seemed good......