Windows 10: Can't start Outlook

Discus and support Can't start Outlook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the following: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dan Silberman, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Can't start Outlook

I get the following:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened.

I'm using Office 365

:)

Dan Silberman, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Outlook syncing issue. Error: 0x80c805f6

Hi Radan,

The error code 0x80c805f6 is likely to occur if there's a sync issue with Outlook. For us to better assist you, please clarify the following.

• When did the issue start?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to sync using a different email account?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot your syncing issue with Outlook, we suggest performing the steps provided on this

link

Any updates on the issue is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Clark Ari, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Can't start Outlook

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't start Outlook

1. Can't start Outlook - Similar Threads - Can't start Outlook

2. cannot start outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start outlook: I had Outlook installed on my computer and now I cannot open the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-start-outlook/1aa34fdb-7a79-431b-bbc5-2e877c6e4a12
  3. cannot start outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot start outlook: I had Outlook installed on my computer and now I cannot open the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-start-outlook/1aa34fdb-7a79-431b-bbc5-2e877c6e4a12
  4. Can't sign in to Outlook

Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  5. Can't sign in to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  6. Outlook won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook won't start: After running the latest W10 updates, Outlook will not open. The message says: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened....
  7. Outlook will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook will not start: I have been using outlook forever, but for some reason today it will not start. I get three error screens (see attached). This is from a fresh re-boot. How to fix this? 136352
  8. Outlook will not start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook will not start.: Message is data file not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-will-not-start/04f3a54f-e3a5-47ac-9436-6c4e4687f9da
  9. W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting

W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting: Hello, since yesterday (update to version 16006.11001.20083.0) the Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar apps are not starting anymore on my Lumia 735. There is nor error message or something else. Removing all accounts: same result.. Soft reset: same result. Even after a hard...
  10. Can't Log in to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Log in to Outlook: I woke up this morning to my Outlook account being logged out upon startup. Typing in the credentials, I was informed that the account doesn't exist. I checked my phone, I'm in the account - so that's not true to that extent. I have Malwarebytes installed, and ran a full...