Windows 10: Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress

Discus and support Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I open settings win 10 and it says windows updates in progress and I shut down, I cannot restart my computer it hangs on the BIOS screen, I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Larry Peter Roberts, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress

If I open settings win 10 and it says windows updates in progress and I shut down, I cannot restart my computer it hangs on the BIOS screen, I must ensure I go to windows update and see that windows updates are not actually in progress, then the computer will start okay!.

:)

Larry Peter Roberts, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress

Windows 10 malware

Uh, a few days ago (7/15), a lot of "important security updates" were put out on Windows Vista-8.1 that required multiple restarts to fully install. It surprised me too because updates usually don't require more than one restart. Anyway, GWX was one of the updates your computer grabbed but it was NOT the update requiring restarts. GWX never requires a restart.

Windows 7 list:
    KB3045305
    KB3067903
    KB3069762
    KB3070102
    KB2069392
    KB3065822
    KB3070738
    KB3072633
    KB3057154
    KB3072630
    KB3077657
    KB3067505

FordGT90Concept, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress

1. Cant start/restart my computer when windows 10 says windows updates in progress - Similar Threads - Cant start restart

2. Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart: So, even when clicking the dedicated button in the windows updateit still doesn't updates on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-restart-required-but-doesnt/1b3ab1c8-bcf2-485d-83c7-1c46f1d711ba
  3. My Signin account when this computer starts or restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Signin account when this computer starts or restarts: I think that Microsoft has either tried or has changed my Signin account. It needs to remain RuthS Administrator. How do I make sure it is Setup the way I want it to be?Ruth...
  4. Windows 10 updates & restarts when computer isn't in "use"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates & restarts when computer isn't in "use": Windows 10's automatic update & restart system needs a serious overhaul - I can't begin to fathom why an OS would assume it's not in use, and safe to update & restart when the CPU is running at 50-60% and is CLEARLY working on something.Why is it set up like this? I...
  5. Windows update and restart halted progression

Windows update and restart halted progression: For a while now my pc says that it needs to update and restart but every time I do it it gets stuck at 30% and nothing happens it doesn't increase in percentage or restart, a few times I've left it to update over the course of the day only to come back 6 or so hours later for...
  6. Windows 10 restarting to update while using the computer, making me lose unsaved progress?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restarting to update while using the computer, making me lose unsaved progress?: I've download a new update, and it asked when to update the computer: Now, during the night, or schedule it for some time. I chose nothing, because I wanted to start the update manually before I would go take a shower. I was happily using my computer an hour after the...
  7. My computer keeps saying installing windows but then it continues to restart

My computer keeps saying installing windows but then it continues to restart: I decided to wipe my computer and I did the Faster option since I was going to keep my computer everything’s been going well except now my computer keeps saying it’s installing windows and do not turn it off and then it continues to reset and I’ve waited five minutes and it’s...
  8. No progress after windows update completed then restarted

No progress after windows update completed then restarted: My recent windows 10 update completed, I restarted and it’s been 2+ hours with the message “working on updates 0%, don’t turn off PC , this will take a while”. Should it take this long? What are my options?...
  9. My windows 10 will not restart properly, it is saying restart failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 will not restart properly, it is saying restart failed.: I have done rest far more then 2 times, mainly because they have drivers that need updating but i always do this ussauly when they have a game that i cant play of the fact the drivers are out of date, and this is the problem for me i tried looking...
  10. Windows 10 Update progress in verbatim

Windows 10 Update progress in verbatim: I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, and it may seem strange to ask... but how can I get verbatim display instead of graphical display for Windows Updates as the operating system is starting up? I'd rather see specifics than a blue screen saying "Please Wait.......