Windows 10: Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset

Discus and support Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my pc has had some issues similar to some in the past which I fixed before by just factory resetting the system. This time I got an additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Woj05, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Woj05 Win User

Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset

Recently my pc has had some issues similar to some in the past which I fixed before by just factory resetting the system. This time I got an additional error (bsod) which prevents me from resetting back to factory stats as I cannot boot the device at all (can’t reset it from a memory stick as it just get the “stop code: page fault in non paged area” error)

:)

Woj05, Jun 30, 2019

2. factory reset and at&t apps

Hi,

I have a Samsung focus phone and I recently set it with my old windows live id. I want to change the windows live id now. Looks like its only possible via reseting my phone to factory default setting. However my question is what is factory default setting:

1) Will it erase all personal data, I guess yes

2) Will it also erase AT&T apps which comes with the phone preinstalled. e.g. AT&T FamilyMap, myWireless etc

This is especially important for me to know, as I will change windows live id after reset and as a result I wont be able to restore it from zune.

Regards

Vikas

Vikas Bhardwaj, Jun 30, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 30, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset - Similar Threads - Can’t start system

2. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  3. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  4. I can’t factory reset without logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t factory reset without logging in: I got locked out of my windows 11 pc and my advanced options are only “startup settings” and “UEFI Firmware Settings” how can I factory reset just using those options?...
  5. I can’t factory reset without logging in

I can’t factory reset without logging in: I got locked out of my windows 11 pc and my advanced options are only “startup settings” and “UEFI Firmware Settings” how can I factory reset just using those options?...
  6. I can’t sign in t factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in t factory reset: Ok when I try factory resetting no ,my pc it ask for my Microsoft password I put it in then it says invalid password I changed my pass so I’ll didnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-t-factory-reset/b1b59ca4-7ee8-4b1d-b413-27c4e5dd9314
  7. I can’t sign in t factory reset

I can’t sign in t factory reset: Ok when I try factory resetting no ,my pc it ask for my Microsoft password I put it in then it says invalid password I changed my pass so I’ll didnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-t-factory-reset/b1b59ca4-7ee8-4b1d-b413-27c4e5dd9314
  8. I can’t sign in t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults: Hello, I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install modifications. I was aware that something like this might happen. Whoever logged into the laptop to install the modifications...
  10. Can’t Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Reset: I need help with resetting a corrupted hard drive. The hard drive won’t start and boots in what I think is recovery mode. I’ve tried resetting by a) Keep my files, which tells me I don’t have administrative permissions, or b) Remove everything which tells me that “there was a...