Windows 10: Can't start virus protection

Discus and support Can't start virus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Win 10 is acting like I'm Not the admin of this machine. I own the machine, I installed Win 10, it's my account that has all admin permissions. But I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Krepta3000, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Can't start virus protection

Win 10 is acting like I'm Not the admin of this machine. I own the machine, I installed Win 10, it's my account that has all admin permissions. But I can't start virus protection. It keeps telling me I don't have permission to view this page and to contact IT. What the plarn is going on?! Can't start virus protection 94fd64fc-de09-4407-a885-cbee4d1a148b?upload=true.png

:)

Krepta3000, Mar 2, 2021
  2. HammerON Win User

What is the best anti virus software to get?

There have been a couple threads started in regards to the OP's question. I would suggest reading through this one:
    Best Virus Protection

HammerON, Mar 2, 2021
  3. 7MM
    7mm Win User
    Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

4. Can't start virus protection

Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't start virus protection

1. Can't start virus protection - Similar Threads - Can't start virus

2. can't open virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open virus and threat protection: can't open the virus and threat protection in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-virus-and-threat-protection/b5baed81-eeba-49b7-8c88-0bd96151c0a3
  3. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  4. Can't open "Virus and Threat Protection"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open "Virus and Threat Protection": Hi!I recently, tried download a file, it keeps saying "Failed - Virus Detected", I then tried to open "Virus and Threat Protection" but I got the same message again and again every time I tried to open it.This is the message:And I don't have it in "Security at a glance".I...
  5. can't open virus and threat protection

can't open virus and threat protection: I've seen other answers to question from people with similar problems, but I simply can't open it. My PC isn't connected to a school or work account. If it would help, I bought my computer prebuilt and It had a local account with no password labelled 'PC'....
  6. Virus protection is not starting.

Virus protection is not starting.: Hello. MY windows 10 has suddenly stopped the virus and threat protection in windows security. I do not use any other anti-virus. When I try to restart the threat service it tells me unexpected error occurred. How can I fix it? [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't update Virus protection

Can't update Virus protection: Good day My System centre security endpoint protection does not complete the update? What is the problem is it blocked? Status potentially unprotected. Thank you...
  8. Virus Threat & Protection will not start

Virus Threat & Protection will not start: My Virus & Protection has stopped working. I cannot get it to start again. All I get it a pop up saying: Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. No matter how many times I try it will not start. I restarted the computer, I turned it totally off,...
  9. can't use virus & threat protection

can't use virus & threat protection: I can't use virus & threat protection in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-use-virus-threat-protection/7c69144a-b8c8-46a2-9352-aa54923c82eb
  10. Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled: I keep getting a system tray icon with a warning, and when I click on it, it says the definitions are out of date. Updating doesn't help. Not only that, but even though all looks fine on the security screen of it, clicking on it, it shows all is disabled and can't be...