Windows 10: Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen

Discus and support Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend had an HP Laptop it is relatively new and suddenly it just won't start at all So, Basically after pressing the power button, the CapsLock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KemalAchmad, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen

My friend had an HP Laptop it is relatively new and suddenly it just won't start at all
    So, Basically after pressing the power button, the CapsLock light is on, the tan is on, the battery lamp is on, but the screen just stays in black screen

Can I use windows recovery to fix this? If so can I create the recovery tool from another Laptop?

:)

KemalAchmad, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksCan't start windows 10, stuck at black screen :)

Hendry, Aug 5, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen

1. Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen - Similar Threads - Can't start stuck

2. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on black screen: First let me tell you that I had dual booted Windows 10 with Elementary OS. Recently when I tried to boot into Windows, my screen got stuck without even loading the Windows logo.As I found on some videos and discussions, I used bootable Windows 10 USB to boot.I tried the...
  3. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on black screen: First let me tell you that I had dual booted Windows 10 with Elementary OS. Recently when I tried to boot into Windows, my screen got stuck without even loading the Windows logo.As I found on some videos and discussions, I used bootable Windows 10 USB to boot.I tried the...
  4. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck on black screen

Windows stuck on black screen: While working my labtop just showed that windows has encountered a problem and will collect information then restart, then when restarting it got stuck in the black screen doesn't even show the logo. Tryied to get into reset but each time I press f11 it just shows on the...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on black screen or please wait screen while starting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen or please wait screen while starting: My windows 10 recently shut down when I was on the login screen due to empty battery and no AC power. Since then I have not been able to start it. It either shows a black screen with a blue loading cursor and remains stuck there or it initially shows a black screen with an...
  7. Windows 10 stuck black screen

Windows 10 stuck black screen: I was following instructions to troubleshoot a game install and was instructed to put my pc into safe mode. Upon reboot i get the white dots circling but then nothing but black after that, no cursor. Things I have tried: Rebooting Windows USB installer...
  8. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on black screen: Windows is stuck on a black screen with only the cursor there. Ctrl Alt Del doesnt work. Neither does Ctrl Shift Esc. Only pressing shift 5 times shows sticky keys dialog box. I need help desperately submitted by /u/AweCookies [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen: hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times. step 1 on copying files are 100% step 2 installing features n updates are 100% step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back. any...
  10. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...