Windows 10: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

Discus and support Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been running into some issues recently regarding Windows Defender and the fact that I cannot start it in any way possible. Trying to start it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DenisSavov1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

I've been running into some issues recently regarding Windows Defender and the fact that I cannot start it in any way possible. Trying to start it using Services only gives me this error: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere af70a5e9-0eab-4e0f-99b2-c9fa42afe545?upload=true.png
    I've tried cleaning my disk with the Disk Cleanup tool and trying it again, it didn't work. I've tried using sfc /scannow on multiple different occasions and it didn't work. It just says I've got some corrupted files that it couldn't fix and after checking my logs it looks like everything connected to Defender is just corrupted.
    Weirdest thing is that my Windows Security App or whatever it is looks like this: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere e872ee34-9fa3-40d1-8bd7-59ef6f411e6f?upload=true.png

I read on a couple of forums that restarting Security Center from Services could work but here's the thing, I don't even have the option to do anything with it: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere eafd4dd6-0fb9-4c9c-b0fb-cae2eb728e7d?upload=true.png
    There's nothing there. So at this point I've become desperate as to what to do.

:)

DenisSavov1, Aug 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

1. Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere - Similar Threads - Can't start Defender

2. Windows Defender can't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender can't start: Hello,I got the notification that Windows Defender was not running. I already searched the internet, and tried several things. Status/Symptoms:- The service "Windows Defender Firewall" is set to automatic start, but isn't running state is empty. When I start it, I get the...
  3. Windows Defender can't start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender can't start: Hello,I got the notification that Windows Defender was not running. I already searched the internet, and tried several things. Status/Symptoms:- The service "Windows Defender Firewall" is set to automatic start, but isn't running state is empty. When I start it, I get the...
  4. Windows Defender can't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't seem to open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to open Windows Defender: Every time I try to open windows defender, it shows me the prompt to select the app from the list. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-open-windows-defender/724ebffc-1973-429f-bcdd-aca03887d0c4
  6. I can't seem to open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't seem to open Windows Defender: Every time I try to open windows defender, it shows me the prompt to select the app from the list. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-open-windows-defender/724ebffc-1973-429f-bcdd-aca03887d0c4
  7. Window Defender can't start

Window Defender can't start: I have problem my windows defender can't set auto in services.and I can't use virus scanner in windows defender my windows is current updated now. Thanks for helping me....
  8. Missing text everywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing text everywhere: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zbyrte0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff51f64430ca5cc292b972466a5a19ec813913bd https://preview.redd.it/8jt67g0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=094a698c7f904de7790e5c35ed14dbcab84d5995 fix i tried but didnt work:...
  9. can't start Windows Defender

can't start Windows Defender: hey guys, I used Windows Defender for some time, it was working well until I installed a VPN program calledCyberghost. On installing I remember that i agreed on something but unfortunately I can't remember what was it exactly but it was something about firewall or...
  10. Text missing everywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text missing everywhere: Hello! After updating to 1903 in undetermined intervals all my text is missing, from context menus, Explorer or in programs. This problem is exactly described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9voa80/why_is_all_my_text_missing_everywhere_in_windows/ I...