Windows 10: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

Discus and support Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been running into some issues recently regarding Windows Defender and the fact that I cannot start it in any way possible. Trying to start it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DenisSavov1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

I've been running into some issues recently regarding Windows Defender and the fact that I cannot start it in any way possible. Trying to start it using Services only gives me this error: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere af70a5e9-0eab-4e0f-99b2-c9fa42afe545?upload=true.png
    I've tried cleaning my disk with the Disk Cleanup tool and trying it again, it didn't work. I've tried using sfc /scannow on multiple different occasions and it didn't work. It just says I've got some corrupted files that it couldn't fix and after checking my logs it looks like everything connected to Defender is just corrupted.
    Weirdest thing is that my Windows Security App or whatever it is looks like this: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere e872ee34-9fa3-40d1-8bd7-59ef6f411e6f?upload=true.png

I read on a couple of forums that restarting Security Center from Services could work but here's the thing, I don't even have the option to do anything with it: Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere eafd4dd6-0fb9-4c9c-b0fb-cae2eb728e7d?upload=true.png
    There's nothing there. So at this point I've become desperate as to what to do.

:)

DenisSavov1, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere

1. Can't start Windows Defender and it seems to be missing from everywhere - Similar Threads - Can't start Defender

2. Text missing everywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text missing everywhere: Hello! After updating to 1903 in undetermined intervals all my text is missing, from context menus, Explorer or in programs. This problem is exactly described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9voa80/why_is_all_my_text_missing_everywhere_in_windows/ I...
  3. I can't seem to start Spotify Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't seem to start Spotify Music: I am having issues with starting Spotify. When I try to open it, it opens a small tab that says the "configuration registry database is corrupt." Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...
  5. Windows defender missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender missing: I go to open the Windows Defender Security center on my new laptop, and it tries to find it in the app store. This of course can't be found. I uninstalled Mcaffe from my system earlier. How do I reinstall windows defender?...
  6. everywhere folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everywhere folder: can I delete the contents of this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everywhere-folder/0248db5c-db0b-4e86-a0c9-c3c26646d6d6"
  7. Program missing from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Start Menu: I'm running windows 10, build 1607 (work machine, *I* can't update it) A while back, I was trying to create a shortcut to Outlook and accidentally MOVED the shortcut out of the start menu folder. (%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) I've re-added it, but it...
  8. Windows Defender icon missing from taskbar

Windows Defender icon missing from taskbar: How do I get the defender icon to show up on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-icon-missing-from-taskbar/13660ba7-fc8c-4701-96ac-564f9362175b"
  9. Windows defender missing from group policy editor

Windows defender missing from group policy editor: Dear tenforums! I've attempted to turn off my windows defender via group policy editing, however; following the guide here on the forums(how to turn off defender) there is simply no folder/tree with windows defender in the group policy editor. I have w10 pro and am able...
  10. Windows Defender Service missing.

Windows Defender Service missing.: Hi, I have a big issue, the Windows Defender Service is completely missing from the services and as such Windows Defender isn't working. Been searching and haven't been able to find something that solves my issue. Windows 10 Pro. Already tried - DISM - Failed,...