Windows 10: Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelGiblin1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I followed a suggested fix on the Microsoft community forum - getting into the registry editor to the "SecurityHealthService" file, but that did not work. I also read that the previous software could leave a residual code that would prevent Windows Defender from running. Help please!!!

:)

MichaelGiblin1, Jun 23, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

1. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Can't start Defender

2. Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  3. I can't install any antivirus, Windows Defender Service can't start.

I can't install any antivirus, Windows Defender Service can't start.: Hello, I tried to install an antivirus and the install process keeps closing without installing the software. I downloaded Malware Bytes and I had 70 issues. I removed them and restarted my PC. The security app is almost a blank page see below Windows Defender service says...
  4. I can't install any antivirus, Windows Defender Service can't start.

I can't install any antivirus, Windows Defender Service can't start.: Hello, I tried to install an antivirus and the install process keeps closing without installing the software. I downloaded Malware Bytes and I had 70 issues. I removed them and restarted my PC. The security app is almost a blank page see below Windows Defender service says...
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Can someone help me on the above message please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-scan-couldnt-be-started/a0e0a523-caf7-4098-8221-036c349b47cc
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus wont start

Windows Defender Antivirus wont start: Hello, I have a 4 day old new HP computer and I want to run Windows Defender. I had a free trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstaller. Windows Defender antivirus wont start. I get a message: "unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem please try...
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea
  10. Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.

Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.: I have a relatively new Lenovo laptop with "10' and one day I noticed DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS WAS OFF [a RED "X"] and when I tried to START IT, I get a popup window that says: UNEXPECTED ERROR. SORRY, WE RAN INTO A PROBLEM. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. (NO KIDDING) That was several weeks...