Windows 10: can't start Windows Defender

Discus and support can't start Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hey guys, I used Windows Defender for some time, it was working well until I installed a VPN program calledCyberghost. On installing I remember... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zeyadabdelbaky, Dec 26, 2019.

1. can't start Windows Defender

hey guys,

I used Windows Defender for some time, it was working well until I installed a VPN program calledCyberghost.

On installing I remember that i agreed on something but unfortunately I can't remember what was it exactly but it was something about firewall or something.

I uninstalled that Cyberghost but I noticed that i can't turn my firewall settings back on neither my windows defender.

and it keeps giving me that error can't start Windows Defender e9e99d9f-a8bd-4d47-b27a-a7a4dcf57c92?upload=true.png

I did a research about the problem and all the solutions i found include starting Windows Defender Services from Services.msc

I tried to do so but i can't even start the service. there is no start option. the button is gray all the buttons are gray.

I really appreciate your patience and I hope I didn't do any mistakes while writing.

I am using Windows 8.1.

Thanks

:)

zeyadabdelbaky, Dec 26, 2019

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 26, 2019
  4. can't start Windows Defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

can't start Windows Defender

1. can't start Windows Defender - Similar Threads - can't start Defender

2. Windows Defender can't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender can't start: Hello,I got the notification that Windows Defender was not running. I already searched the internet, and tried several things. Status/Symptoms:- The service "Windows Defender Firewall" is set to automatic start, but isn't running state is empty. When I start it, I get the...
  3. Windows Defender can't start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender can't start: Hello,I got the notification that Windows Defender was not running. I already searched the internet, and tried several things. Status/Symptoms:- The service "Windows Defender Firewall" is set to automatic start, but isn't running state is empty. When I start it, I get the...
  4. Windows Defender can't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Defender offline can't be started dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender offline can't be started dialog: I THOUGHT I would try creating a WIndows Defender 64-bit USB and then of course try running it.The creation process went okay.But when I boot from the USB, I recieve the following dialog.My laptopWindows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1682 Memory - 16 gB Hard drive - 1 Tb 569...
  6. Windows Defender offline can't be started dialog

Windows Defender offline can't be started dialog: I THOUGHT I would try creating a WIndows Defender 64-bit USB and then of course try running it.The creation process went okay.But when I boot from the USB, I recieve the following dialog.My laptopWindows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1682 Memory - 16 gB Hard drive - 1 Tb 569...
  7. Windows Defender offline can't be started dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Window Defender can't start

Window Defender can't start: I have problem my windows defender can't set auto in services.and I can't use virus scanner in windows defender my windows is current updated now. Thanks for helping me....
  9. Can't start Windows Defender Firewall

Can't start Windows Defender Firewall: I can't start Windows Defender Firewall. The ON/OFF switch is greyed out. How do I turn on this option? It may or may not be a coincidence that my Norton Internet Security firewall is also turned off and I can't set that back on. [img] 167152
  10. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus: I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I...