Windows 10: Can't startup after freeze and force shut down

Discus and support Can't startup after freeze and force shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Glad to hear that.. I'm also experiencing my first HDD intermittent failure (fairly sure it's that) - the SMART parameters - which were fine until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by White Eye, Dec 3, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Can't startup after freeze and force shut down

Glad to hear that.. I'm also experiencing my first HDD intermittent failure (fairly sure it's that) - the SMART parameters - which were fine until recently- are all over the place now. Laptop suddenly switches off - bang- off.

I do have full disk image backups, so replacing the HDD is not too difficult.

It's worth having a program that will show SMART parameters and check occasionally.
    Maybe
    PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility
    (free for personal use, good company).
    Another here:
    Smart Data Download

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't startup after freeze and force shut down

1. Can't startup after freeze and force shut down - Similar Threads - Can't startup freeze

2. My computer will freeze shortly after startup and force me to power it down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will freeze shortly after startup and force me to power it down.: I do not know the cause of the freezes/crashes, but I have narrowed it down a little. 1. It is not likely to be overheating because I have tested and noticed the temperature varied every time it crashed 33-57C2. It's not dust. I gutted out my computer and cleaned out...
  3. My computer will freeze shortly after startup and force me to power it down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will freeze shortly after startup and force me to power it down.: I do not know the cause of the freezes/crashes, but I have narrowed it down a little. 1. It is not likely to be overheating because I have tested and noticed the temperature varied every time it crashed 33-57C2. It's not dust. I gutted out my computer and cleaned out...
  4. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  5. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  6. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. freezing and shutting down.

freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  8. Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down

Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down: This is happening atlease once in an hour. There is a random freeze and nothing can be done after that. This is the error i am getting on systems log before freeze Error 2/20/2020 12:24:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None Error 2/20/2020 12:22:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None...
  9. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  10. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....