Windows 10: Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary...

Discus and support Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some time after a Windows update, I have found that I can't stay connected more than a minute or two at most. Network Icon will show "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LWhite14, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LWhite14 Win User

Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary...

For some time after a Windows update, I have found that I can't stay connected more than a minute or two at most.

Network Icon will show "No Internet", Using Windows troubleshooter gives "Default Gateway Not Available" most of the time.

My PC is all but useless for using the internet... Any help is appreciated.

:)

LWhite14, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Rata2E Win User

Default Gateway not available

The "default gateway not available error" occurs frequently when connected to my ISP's modem. This causes the internet connection to drop frequently and I have to run the troubleshooter to restore connection. I have gone through
    all of the steps in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows

The problem persists.

Rata2E, Sep 8, 2019
  3. No internet found after switching WLAN connection, Default Gateway not updating

After the previous update on my Lenovo Z51 running windows 10, I've found that switching he wi-fi connection to any other network causes the network to appear to have "no internet connection". Troubleshooting the network fixes the problem with the message
    "default gateway not available - fixed". This happens every time I switch networks regardless of which network I connect to or whether I've connected to that network before. The problem seems to be that the default gateway doesn't update when the network is
    switched.

Here is the "default gateway" part of the "Wireless LAN Adapter" output of
    ipconfig
    during different conditions:

Normal, working connection to network 1:

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%18

After connecting to network 2, no internet found:

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

After running network diagnostics, "default gateway not available - fixed":

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

After connecting again to network 1, no internet found:

After running network diagnostics, "default gateway not available - fixed":

What seems to be the problem and is there any way to fix this? I am constantly moving around and frequently have to connect to different WLANs.

Ethernet connections do not seem to be affected

The laptop is dual booted with Linux, which has no problem switching networks, hence the
    network interface card is working fine

AniketPande, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary...

WIFI ISSUE of "Default gateway is not available"

Hi

I recently updated my laptop to windows 10 and it is unable to connect to wifi . On trouble-shooting

showing error as "Default gateway is not available" . Please suggest me how to overcome this problem?????

Thanks & Regard.

AbhishekGuptaXR, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary...

1. Can't stay connected since update; Default Gateway Not Available or No Internet is primary... - Similar Threads - Can't stay connected

2. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  3. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  4. Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available

Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available: Can someone please help me with this issue? I've been dealing with it off and on for months and now that I'm working from home it's insufferable. My computer constantly disconnects from the internet, sometimes it will disconnect and I will troubleshoot it, it will connect...
  5. Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available

Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available: Hey Forum! Every time I start my computer I have no Internet connection. When I troubleshoot it says "Default Gateway is not available" In order for it to work I have to unplug and replug my Ethernet cable. Then it works for a wile before it decides not to work. Things...
  6. Wifi keep getting "default gateway not available" since oct win10 update, even powerline...

Wifi keep getting "default gateway not available" since oct win10 update, even powerline...: Since i updated to latest oct win10 update, my internet is keep getting problem even through its was fine before. i normally use wifi but it keep getting "default gateway not available" error intermittently and randomly, i have to click "troubleshoot problems" on wifi to fix...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. Default Gateway not Available since switching to windows 10

Default Gateway not Available since switching to windows 10: I switched to windows 10 about 9 months ago and ever since my connection has been dropping in and out, It gets better when I reset my modem but even then it is slow, My network adaptor is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, I am connected using ethernet through the power line...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...