Windows 10: Can't stay connected to the internet

Discus and support Can't stay connected to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I got a new PC about a month ago, and it's been smooth sailing until three days ago. Suddenly after I turned on my computer, it began telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Necromancing, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Can't stay connected to the internet

Hello,

I got a new PC about a month ago, and it's been smooth sailing until three days ago. Suddenly after I turned on my computer, it began telling me I was connected to my network, but there was no internet. Sometimes it stays connected to the internet for 20 minutes, and then the internet will disappear again. While it wont stay connected to the router, every other device I have has no issue with it, and my computer is still able to connect consistently with hot spots without dropping every few minutes like it does with the router.

I was on the phone with Microsoft for a while, and they had me update all my drivers, did a hard reset on my computer, restored the computer to a previous date, reset the router, and nothing is working. I also called my internet provider, and they can't send anyone out to take a look because of covid. I was advised to get an ethernet cable instead of using my antennas to connect to the wifi, but I'm desperately seeking a solution to the problem itself.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

:)

Necromancing, Jul 6, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Can't connect to the Internet

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re facing issue with internet connection I will make sure to help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps:

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-internet#1TC=windows-8

(Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Can't stay connected to the internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't stay connected to the internet

1. Can't stay connected to the internet - Similar Threads - Can't stay connected

2. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't stay connected to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stay connected to Microsoft: My computer will start up and I can connect to Xbox app and Microsoft store just fine for the first 30 seconds. After 30 seconds Xbox acts like it's loading but doesn't, nor does it say I'm signed in . Nothing shows up in troubleshooter as having a problem. But after 30...
  6. Can't stay connected to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stay connected to Microsoft: My computer will start up and I can connect to Xbox app and Microsoft store just fine for the first 30 seconds. After 30 seconds Xbox acts like it's loading but doesn't, nor does it say I'm signed in . Nothing shows up in troubleshooter as having a problem. But after 30...
  7. Can't stay connected to Microsoft

8. PC will not stay connected to internet

PC will not stay connected to internet: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr with Windows 10 that will not stay connected to the internet. It is constantly disconnecting. This just started happening today. This is not a problem with my internet, as all other connected devices in my house have no problems....
  9. Computer will not stay connected to the internet

Computer will not stay connected to the internet: After connecting to the NBN I cannot get my computer to stay connected to the internet. It drops out after about 15 or so minutes. When I run the trouble shooter it quickly reconnects but I would like a stable connection. I have tried the online help but after 2 different...
  10. PC won't connect/stay connected to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't connect/stay connected to internet: Please help, ASUS, windows 10 laptop refuses to connect or stay connected to xfinity wifi. It connects to my mobile hotspot no problem. All over devices can connect to xfinity. I've reset the laptop and modem. I've reset the network on the laptop. No luck. submitted by...