Windows 10: Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004

Discus and support Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! So about a week ago I was forced by Windows to update to the new 2004 version, and now every single app/site that requires an account/log-in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mecheabad, Oct 3, 2020.

1. mecheabad Win User

Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004

Hello!

So about a week ago I was forced by Windows to update to the new 2004 version, and now every single app/site that requires an account/log-in forgets it very single time I restart. The ones I use the most are the mail app and Google Chrome, but I'm pretty sure all the other apps/programs/sites I have an account on are having the same issue, I just don't wander to them so frequently. I'm pretty annoyed I was forced to do an update that STILL HAS BUGS after it was released like half a year ago. Is there a way to fix this?? Btw, everything is up to date.

I'll provide any other info needed.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Mercedes

:)

mecheabad, Oct 3, 2020

2. Staying logged on

Thank you for that information.

If you want to stay logged in to your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click on Screen timeout settings.
    • From there you can now change the settings to Never.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 3, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't stay logged-in after updating to windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Can't stay logged

2. Can't log into Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log into Windows 10 after update: I am having trouble logging into my windows 10 machine. I just ran updates on it last night and this morning after booting the machine all I get is a log in window with a sign in option that wants me to log into my Microsoft account which I do not use to log into this machine...
  3. Can't update after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  4. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log into computer after version 2004 update: Yesterday morning, I update to Widows 10 Version 2004. It caused all sorts of changes that I was able to get help with here on the forum. This morning, I can't log in. Until today, I was asked for my PIN at login, and that is what I have been using. Now it is asking me for...
  5. Screen stays on after Windows 10 2004 update

Screen stays on after Windows 10 2004 update: After updating the system, the monitor stopped turning off after the set minutes in the power settings. If I turn off the monitor with the nircmd.exe monitor off command, then it goes out and immediately lights up. I looked at the events during this time - it appears:...
  6. Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

in Cortana
    Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004: Hi, I just upgraded my computer to the May 2020 Update Windows 10, 2004 version. I like the new Cortana "chat" version, but I cannot log in using my school account even though it states that "it works best with your school or work account." What do I need to do? R:...
  7. Windows 10 Can't log in after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't log in after Update: So, this morning i was updating my Windows 10 Ver. 1803 into 1903. After the update was installed, i tried to log in but the system says my password was incorrect, i'm sure that the password was correct (Before updating, i clean install my Disk C system and log in into...
  8. After windows 10 update can't log in

After windows 10 update can't log in: Hello! Starting of with my apology if my english writting is little bit wrong or some words are incorrect (i'm from europe). And my apology if this is wrong topic. I just got new PC and my computer did update. After that i can't log in and shows i don't have enthernet...
  9. to stay logged in with windows 10

to stay logged in with windows 10: I have windows 10 and last week I updated my Microsoft. Since then I have to log in every time I open my computer and I do not want that. I want to stay logged on. There is only my husband and myself in the house so I we do not need this feature. How can I switch to the way...
  10. Can't log in after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log in after Windows update: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...