Windows 10: Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

Discus and support Can't stop my files being shared across the network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of the files in Users folder in my computer are being shared across my home network. I tried to stop them being shared by right clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vinuji Jones, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

All of the files in Users folder in my computer are being shared across my home network. I tried to stop them being shared by right clicking on the file>share with > stop sharing. Then a new window opens telling "stop file share" and "this would take few minutes". There was a green thing going in the status. However it never comes to a finish button or anything and disappears after some time. No wonder how many times I run it the same error occurs. All of my files are still shared. If you know a way to resolve this please let me know.

Thank you.

:)

Vinuji Jones, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 18, 2021
  3. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

1. Can't stop my files being shared across the network. - Similar Threads - Can't stop files

2. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...: As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have access, but what if I want to make my files that are on the other drives besides the Local Disk, I mean not show up to them /...
  3. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...: As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have access, but what if I want to make my files that are on the other drives besides the Local Disk, I mean not show up to them /...
  4. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. How to stop files being shared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop files being shared?: I recently gave my younger sister my old school laptop that I will not need anymore. When I was setting the device up, I did sign in to my microsoft account. She told me that some of the files I was downloading on my other laptop that I got started popping up on her desktop....
  6. Share files across machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share files across machines: Again - if there is a good resource please point me to it - We have three computers, a main one and two laptops. We want store all the data on the main one. Without using OneDrive (since it seems to crash too often) - How can I have a laptop access the main computer hard...
  7. Sharing Folders Across My Home Network Devices

Sharing Folders Across My Home Network Devices: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop all using Windows 10. The laptops will share files, but the desktop won’t. I am no computer expert, but I know enough to figure out how to configure the sharing of folders. I’ll admit that I don’t know how to configure a lot of the security...
  8. How can I share folders and files across my Home Network?

How can I share folders and files across my Home Network?: I have 3 windows 10 devices in my network (1 PC and 2 Laptops). To the best of my knowledge and ability, they are configured exactly the same. I am the owner of all the folders/files. Device A (PC) can see device B but can't access it. Device A (PC) can see device C, can...
  9. File sharing across my private network

File sharing across my private network: Quite suddenly (I presume after a Windows 10 update) both of my TV media players are unable to access files on my Windows 10 computer. Amongst other things I have tried to turn off password protected sharing, but this change does not save correctly....
  10. Can't connect or share files on my network

Can't connect or share files on my network: I have 3 pc's on my network. Win 7, XP and Win 10. Win 7 can connect to all 3, XP can connect to all 3, but win 10 can't connect to any. I can see them in explorer and I can ping successfully but can't connect to share files. No problems with this prior to last update. I run...