Windows 10: Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

Discus and support Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am used to stop background intelligent transfer service, delivery optimization and windows update every time I turn my computer on, but now since few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kooper, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Kooper Win User

Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

I am used to stop background intelligent transfer service, delivery optimization and windows update every time I turn my computer on, but now since few weeks windows update and delivery optimization services are greyed out,

Also when i try using the task manager to stop the service i get the error
    The operation could not be completed
    Access is denied

Till yesterday the network usage in Service Host: Local System stoped when i stop and disable the Backgroud Intelligent Transfer Service at the start (this was using the network at full speed too) but now Its not enough and I cant even stop the other services

I tried running task manager and services as administrator but they are still greyed out,

Im on a limited internet connection, I dont have much data to spare

:)

Kooper, Dec 9, 2018
  2. CPinnegar Win User

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Yeah, that disables the auto download and update....which is good. I'm trying to take it a step further by greying out the options for offline maps altogether.

With that GPO set users can still manually download...

CPinnegar, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

1. Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading - Similar Threads - Cant stop disable

2. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  4. Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out: Hello,I'm trying to take ownership of a file, however, the option is greyed out. what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-ownership-of-file-greyed-out/13a91edf-ff39-4976-8e55-fae46f9d1fdb
  5. Grey out printer so cant be selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey out printer so cant be selected: Hi,I have multiple printers installed on my windows 11 platform.There is a printer called Ricoh called GelSprinter GX e7700N. I have another printer setup Vinnies Printer - Powerdriver R GXe7700n.Now I really only want the Vinnies printer to be used as the power driver links...
  6. WIndows Update greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Update greyed out: Hi, the windows update button on my computer is greyed out and when I click it, nothing happens. The page just keeps on loading and no content is ever shown. The laptop hasn't been updated in a while....
  7. Windows Defender Options Disabled and greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Options Disabled and greyed out: [IMG] Windows Defender has for some reason disabled itself and I can't turn anything on. I don't know what happened. I had to disable it real quick in order to install an app because it kept detecting it as trojan even though it's not (it's literally just a game for...
  8. Windows Update Service greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Service greyed out: I want to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my PC, but the reinstalling field gives me an error. I have narrowed it down to the update service being disabled, but I cant do anything to it as all options are greyed out. Im the only account on my pc, and have tried every fix I...
  9. windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows keeps downloading something and I cant stop it: This morning when i turned on my PC my network got completely saturated so I started searching for the culprit and it seems to be Delivery Optimization process and i cant stop it. I cant disable the service I get a Access denied error. I can temporarily disable it for like...
  10. Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant stop or disable windows update ( greyed out ) keeps downloading: I am used to stop background intelligent transfer service, delivery optimization and windows update every time I turn my computer on, but now since few weeks windows update and delivery optimization services are greyed out, Till yesterday the network usage in Service Host:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update pause greyed out

2. windows update service greyed out

3. pause updates greyed out

4. how to disable windows 10 updates greyed out,
  5. delivery optimization stop service access denied,
  6. cant stop windows updates grayed out,
  7. grayed out cant disable windows update,
  8. why is my delivery optimization options greyed out,
  9. windows 10 delivery optimization greyed out,
  10. delivery optimization disabling acces is denied,
  11. windows update service start/stop/pause option greyed out,