Windows 10: Can't stop PC from sleeping!

Discus and support Can't stop PC from sleeping! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on the latest Insider build. I don't want my PC to sleep nor the monitors to sleep nor the hard drives. Unlike most other issues with sleep and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brianwall, Dec 13, 2015.

1. brianwall Win User

Can't stop PC from sleeping!

I'm on the latest Insider build. I don't want my PC to sleep nor the monitors to sleep nor the hard drives. Unlike most other issues with sleep and Win10, my problem isn't waking it up but keeping it awake.

Microsoft seem to have scattered the sleep options all over the place. I methodically worked my way round, starting in Settings where I can quite simply select no sleep for both the computer and the monitors. Simple? Nope. I found relevant settings in these places:

Right click desktop and choose display settings
    Also from display settings choose advance power settings
    Control Panel Power Settings
    Change Plan settings

Maybe these are all links to the same settings but in any event whichever route I take, the PC still sleeps or the monitors still turn off or both. Or the screen saver kicks in.

I wonder if the UEFI bios is over-riding Windows? God knows but how can I keep my PC awake overnight please?

:)

brianwall, Dec 13, 2015

2. Windows Modules Installer taking 90% CPU

It is running at a high percentage when I wake the PC from sleep in the morning. I can't then use the PC until the module does whatever it's doing and stops, sometimes 45 minutes later. My daughter was correct, I should have bought an Apple Mac this time.............................

MHawkesworth, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Stop Windows 10 From Asking For Sign-in After Sleep

After I did a clean install I can't stop windows 10 from Asking For Sign-in After Sleep.

steveRocket_763, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Check to see if your screen saver is set to "Blank." If so, change it to "None."

Whatphoeb, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't stop PC from sleeping! - Similar Threads - Can't stop sleeping

2. USB peripherals stop working after PC wakes from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB peripherals stop working after PC wakes from Sleep: Hey everyone, trying to figure out a solution to this very annoying problem.After I wake my PC from sleep I have to press power button - moving the mouse or clicking buttons doesn't work, all my USB devices have stopped working mouse, tablets, keyboard, external hard drives...
  3. USB peripherals stop working after PC wakes from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB peripherals stop working after PC wakes from Sleep: Hey everyone, trying to figure out a solution to this very annoying problem.After I wake my PC from sleep I have to press power button - moving the mouse or clicking buttons doesn't work, all my USB devices have stopped working mouse, tablets, keyboard, external hard drives...
  4. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  5. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  6. PC Stops Going To Sleep

7. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  8. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  9. PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping: Please advise if this is incorrect forum, or whether a thread already explains this (I did a search but didn't see anything). I have not installed anything or made any changes recently yet my desktop machine stopped going to sleep at inputted time. While monitor turns off...
  10. Can't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't wake from sleep: So I've been on the Insider 20H2 build for a couple of weeks now. I've noticed that my laptop frequently crashes on sleep and won't wake up. Sometimes it would just refuse to go into sleep and get stuck till a force restart and sometimes it would just straight up turn of when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant stop laptop sleeping