Windows 10: can't stop safe mode

Discus and support can't stop safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jul 11, 2016.

1. lenberman Win User

can't stop safe mode

My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into msconfig with it ignoring my attempts to get it open by typing msconfig into the search box. Please help.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Dingo883 Win User

Windows 10 no internet connection in safe mode with networking.

You can't run network troubleshooter in safe mode. Stop telling people this

Dingo883, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 updates are 'stuck' in download or waiting

Finally worked for me. Note that in Safe mode, wuauserv reported that it can't be stopped because it was not started. (Although I did try to restart in Safe Mode with Networking, that
    option has not worked on any computer with Win 8, 8.1, or 10)

kmtharchin, Jul 11, 2016
  4. lenberman Win User

can't stop safe mode

used ctrl+r and typed msconfig into the box

lenberman, Jul 11, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Three other ways
    1. Press Windows key +R type, In Run box type msconfig
    2. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL, or right click the Taskbar, start task manager, go to File/New Task (Run) type msconfig
    3. go to Search type CMD, right click CMD results and Run As Administrator, in Elevated Command Prompt type msconfig

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

can't stop safe mode

1. can't stop safe mode - Similar Threads - can't stop safe

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't sign-in into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in into safe mode: I can't sign in to my laptop. I've tried to press and hold the Shift key while clicking on restart button in order to sign-in into safe mode, but it doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't sign in on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in on safe mode: I had to reboot my Asus brand gaming laptop into safe mode for a reason, but it won't accept my password and keeps saying it's incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-safe-mode/29087a8a-8677-44c8-b5ff-b2258e39d81b
  6. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  7. Can't exit safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't exit safe mode: Hi, I entered into safe mode thru win + r, and pressing msconfig there i enabled safe mode, now its booting in safe mode and asking for password, but my pc has a 7 digit pin, which is not working, i even tried my Microsoft account password, it wont work either, i tried the...
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Can't enter safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't enter safe mode: I have gone through previous postings and while the answer seems close to what I need to, they solution does not work. First of all, I am frustrated by constantly being told my password is bad - yet here I am - finally - bad password and all. What's up with that? Now to...
  10. Can't exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't exit safe mode: Hi everyone I'm having problems with my graphics card and had to go to Safe Mode according to a tutorial. Now I can't exit. I've read dozens of threads about it, but when I open system config, or msconfig, the safe boot box is already unchecked. I restart it from the...