Windows 10: Can’t stream remotely.

Discus and support Can’t stream remotely. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m using open vpn to connect to my home network, I have a shared folder with movies pics etc on my pc that has a IP assigned to it. I use VLC on iOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David9723, Apr 12, 2019.

1. David9723 Win User

Can’t stream remotely.

I’m using open vpn to connect to my home network, I have a shared folder with movies pics etc on my pc that has a IP assigned to it.

I use VLC on iOS which can stream from the shared folder when I’m at home but can’t see the folder when I’m away.

Is there a setting that I am missing? The folder has no password.

I use a vpn on my router to allow me to view ip cams without using port forward.

Shouldn’t I be able to use vlc just like I’m at home when I’m connected with my vpn?

:)

David9723, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Streaming/Remote desktop

Hey!
    I was wondering - is it possible to play games on my laptop through my desktop? Sometimes I really want to enjoy the power of a desktop, with the comfort of a laptop. In the same or just next to the room from where the desktop is located. Both machines would be connected with a D-Link DIR 825(300Mb/s), the laptop is capable enough (i3 & 740M). The only thing that came in my mind is using remote desktop, which would be almost OK, except it renders the PC useless for other users.

Any suggestions? *Smile Can’t stream remotely. :)

MustSeeMelons, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Can’t stream remotely.

Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Can’t stream remotely.

1. Can’t stream remotely. - Similar Threads - Can’t stream remotely

2. Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote: I checked every video and Article about how to connect my Wii remote to my computer. Most of it is either through adding a device Bluetooth or Devices and printers, but I count find “NVL-CNT-01” anywhere multiple times. The other suggestions were “Dolphin Emulator will find...
  3. Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote: I checked every video and Article about how to connect my Wii remote to my computer. Most of it is either through adding a device Bluetooth or Devices and printers, but I count find “NVL-CNT-01” anywhere multiple times. The other suggestions were “Dolphin Emulator will find...
  4. Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?: My laptop has been doing this for the past few days. I looked into what it meant but I haven’t been able to find great answers. The screen looks like this:I’m not a really techy person so I have no idea what it means. I would really appreciate if someone could help or has any...
  5. Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP: I was given my cousins HP Stream laptop and I’m trying to factory reset it but it is saying that it needs more space to allow a reset. There’s nothing on the computer and it runs slow and glitches out so I just want to completely factory reset it. I’ve tried everything and...
  6. Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP: I was given my cousins HP Stream laptop and I’m trying to factory reset it but it is saying that it needs more space to allow a reset. There’s nothing on the computer and it runs slow and glitches out so I just want to completely factory reset it. I’ve tried everything and...
  7. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop can’t find the computer: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will...
  8. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  9. Can’t stream any websites Netflix, itv etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t stream any websites Netflix, itv etc: My laptop will not let me play any streaming websites such as netflix, itv player, all 4, disney plus. These websites all work on other devices connected to the same internet so something must be blocking these sits working. Any suggestions how to make them work?...
  10. Unable to stream remotely recently with the Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to stream remotely recently with the Xbox App: Hey all, Long story short, I have been working past year or so fine streaming from the Xbox to my laptop remotely. Now all of a sudden, I am not able to connect via port forwarding or by putting the Xbox (with static IP) into the routers dmz. I have factory reset my...