Windows 10: Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

Discus and support Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by regmay, Feb 1, 2016.

1. regmay Win User

Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

:)

regmay, Feb 1, 2016

2. Switch between user accounts

Windows key+L

Though it doesn't sign out the first account

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 1, 2016
  3. ttwjones Win User
    Switch between user accounts

How can I switch between user accounts in Windows 10?

ttwjones, Feb 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Regmay and welcome *Smile

The following tutorial shows six different ways to switch between user accounts. Maybe you can try some of these alternatives to see if they work for you.

Switch User in Windows 10

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't switch between

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  4. Can't switch users in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch users in Windows 10: I have setup a local user and then tried to log into that user and this is what I keep getting. "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." I have deleted the user & set it up again, but no matter what I try I still can not switch users!...
  5. How to easy switch between users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to easy switch between users: Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security....
  6. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  7. Can't switch account Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't switch account Windows 10: I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly. I've...
  8. Issues switching between user accounts

Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...
  9. Cannot switch between accounts

Cannot switch between accounts: Hi everyone. I have a weird problem on my computer. Windows 10 suddently stopped offering me the possiblility of switching between my accounts. I have 2 administrator accounts, one local with no password, and one linked to an outlook account with a password. Before, I could...
  10. I can't switch between screens in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't switch between screens in Windows 10: I use Alt+Tab to switch between screens. Sometimes, it won't work and I will re-start my computer and I may have to do that multiple times before it works normally. I do notice that when it isn't working, I can't use the taskbar either to switch between screens (programs). I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant switch between users windows 10