Windows 10: Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu

Discus and support Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started happening from a major update around april-may quarantine time: In the login screen, only the last user account used is visible, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sergio Redondo, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu

This started happening from a major update around april-may quarantine time: In the login screen, only the last user account used is visible, and the buttons for switching to the other accounts are not there. Also, in the Start menu, when I clic on the profile picture, the only available options are: Change configuration, Block, and Close session I have my menu in spanish, so this is my translation of those options. I want to have again the option to switch between accounts without having to close the one I'm in first. I've looked online and found no solutions.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Sergio Redondo, Aug 14, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

What do you want from the next Windows OS?

I'll word my suggestion better
    From the Start Menu I want the same Log off/sleep/ switch user drop down menu except I want an additional drop down menu for switch users which will list the USER Desktop you want to go to instead of clicking switch USER then going to the USER selection screen then selecting the USER

jmcslob, Aug 14, 2020
  3. jk22 Win User
    switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

4. Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu

Windows 10 - User Switching When Using Picture Logon

In Windows 8.1, I have an account which uses a picture to unlock the account and another account on the same machine that just uses a standard password entry.

With the install of Windows 10, this carried over however there is no longer a way to switch to the other user when on the picture unlock login screen.

The only way to choose the other user is to change to the password input method of logging in then selecting the other user in the bottom left corner of the screen.

I would request that the area to choose another user be existent on the picture logon screen as well so that you do not have to switch back and forth on your logon screen or provide a link/button to the effect of "not this user? click here" in order to bring
    up the other users. The annoyance is that once you choose to use the traditional password logon, if you want to go back to using the picture logon again, you would need to select that option which to me is just extra steps not needed.

To duplicate:

1. Log into account using picture logon

2. Log off of that account

3. Screen will still remain on the last user you were logged in as and it will be the picture logon option

4. There is no option to choose the other user on the machine

5. Click on the password logon option to go to the traditional logon screen and then you can choose the other user and logon as expected.

confused2gether, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu

1. Can't switch between users either on Logon screen nor in the Start menu - Similar Threads - Can't switch between

2. Is there a way to export start menu layout and taskbar for either specific users/User...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to export start menu layout and taskbar for either specific users/User...: I'm trying to export a start menu layout, I want 1 group of users to have different tiles pinned than other Users. is this possible. I also want to stop users saving files to desktop. Is there any answers for any of the issues I have thanks....
  3. Is there a way to export start menu layout and taskbar for either specific users/User...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to export start menu layout and taskbar for either specific users/User...: I'm trying to export a start menu layout, I want 1 group of users to have different tiles pinned than other Users. is this possible. I also want to stop users saving files to desktop. Is there any answers for any of the issues I have thanks....
  4. Is there a way to export start menu layout and taskbar for either specific users/User...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't switch lock screen nor account picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch lock screen nor account picture.: Hello, my issue is simply the title. I can't change my lock screen nor my account picture. The former ends up in an eternal loading state while the latter gets me an error popup. Here are all the things i tried but did not work:1 Choose manually, both from settings and from...
  6. How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10: Dear Microsoft, My default login user was disabled so I can't login to my laptop anymore. I have built-in Administrator enabled, but I have no idea how to change my default user sign-in at logon screen. There is only show the password entry field and no switch user options...
  7. Switch User entry missing from Start Menu

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch User entry missing from Start Menu: This may sound like a repeat of a previous post but I'm pretty certain it isn't. I have Fast User Switching enabled per instructions in Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 I am able to switch user with the Ctl-Alt-Del menu item and from the Win-L lock screen....
  8. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  9. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10: Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. 39503
  10. WiFi connection lost between start and logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WiFi connection lost between start and logon: When I start my computer I can see at the Windows logo screen that the WiFi is connected to my hub but as soon as I log in it drops the connection and I have to connect manually by entering the "key" even though I have ticked the box that says "connect automatically". Any...