Windows 10: Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU

Discus and support Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 GPUs on my laptop as you can see on the picture [ATTACH] R4 is an integrated GPU and R5 is a discrete GPU but I can't switch to R5. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NarekOkroyan, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU

I have 2 GPUs on my laptop as you can see on the picture

Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU fb7b1d2b-c799-4179-9ded-1e82eaa271e5?upload=true.png

R4 is an integrated GPU and R5 is a discrete GPU but I can't switch to R5. I tried setting each game to one GPU but for some reason the 2nd GPU

doesn't appear on the options in Display settings. So, how can I make it available for me to change?

Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU 1f1d9c05-f05a-4073-9daa-de98e358a827?upload=true.png

I am currently on HIgh Performance in Power Settings, if it helps

:)

NarekOkroyan, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 1, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU

1. Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU - Similar Threads - Can't switch graphcis

2. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  3. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  4. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  5. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  6. How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  7. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT: Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I...
  8. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT: Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I...
  9. Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications: I used to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to assign Applications to either GPU0 or GPU1 but that seems to have stopped working. I soon discovered the "Graphics Performance Preference" section and noticed that it listed both my GPU0 RTX 2080 Ti as both the Power Saving and High...
  10. Need help with GPU switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...