Windows 10: Can't Switch login accounts; gives error

Discus and support Can't Switch login accounts; gives error in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! I recently purchased a lenovo aio computer. After allowing it to do all the updates, I wanted to add my daughter and another family member as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10n00b, Apr 21, 2017.

1. win10n00b Win User

Can't Switch login accounts; gives error

Hello!

I recently purchased a lenovo aio computer. After allowing it to do all the updates, I wanted to add my daughter and another family member as users. I made their profiles and now when I try to login under their names it says " The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I can still login under my name with no problem. I have searched the internet and tried modifying the registry as seems to be the standard protocol and that doesn't work. I've tried enabling users as admins instead of standard users. Tried adding and deleting them. And I did the bulk of this in safe mode. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I really need separate user accounts so I can setup a separate account and install web filtering tools, etc. Only thing I can think of is to try and do a system reinstall from the control panel or perhaps use media creator to create a boot dvd and install a clean version without all the lenovo bloatware. I would rather not do that though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Forgot to mention that I am doing this as a local account...not using a ms login email

:)

win10n00b, Apr 21, 2017

2. I'm having trouble signing into my Microsoft account on my mobile phone.

can't login to my Microsoft account from my mobile phone. It gives me an error code:80070057

TrishaHernandez, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Can't not switch back to local account!

Hi,

Yesterday my laptop received new Windows 10 update and need to reboot, after that I couldn't login with fingerprint!

when try to login with password, noticed that Microsoft account is the login method!

after login I tried reconfigur the account back to local account, but never succeed!

Everytime I type in the new password, it gives me the error:

"The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try password that contains numbers, letters, and symbols."

What ever or how ever the password I type is so complex, I still get this error and can't switch back to local account!!!

What is wrong here?

Any help or suggestion please.

Thank you in advance.

M.AbuAyyash, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Can't Switch login accounts; gives error

Hi win10n00b

If you do an in-place repair upgrade it will keep your files. I assume the other two accounts don't have files.

I also read that this could be caused by a corrupt default user. As such I would delete their ids and I would rename the default user folder to something like default.old. My thinking is this will cause Windows to recreate. (when I searched your error there were documents that talked to how to create a new default. You may wish to explore this as well.)

I would then do the in-place repair / upgrade. Please note this will take you up to the Creators Update. As such before doing any of this I would recommend that you create an Image with Macrium Reflect. (Info within tutorials.) I would also have a backup of your data. Likely won't need either but better to have than wish you had.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Note warning in tutorial. You likely need 8GB USB key for media creator.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

Can't Switch login accounts; gives error

1. Can't Switch login accounts; gives error - Similar Threads - Can't Switch login

2. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  3. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  4. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  5. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  6. Can't login to account

Can't login to account: I purchased a new laptop Saturday and have not been able to even open the thing because I can't remember the password. The alternate email address is no longer viable so I have been unable to reset it. I get as far as the phone verification which passed but then it want's...
  7. Can't switch to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch to a Microsoft account: I can't switch to a Microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop. I'm trying to sign in with a Microsoft account instead from a local account. It says it need to install an app for the task. It offers to search in the Microsoft Store, but it displays "Try that again. Page could...
  8. Switch local account to Microsoft login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  9. Switching Accounts before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Accounts before login: Hey, i found lots of ways to switch accounts AFTER login, but my problem is little different. I want to have choice between accounts before login, not auto-login to last used account. i don't want to have passwords, which is only solution that i found. W10 1909 submitted by...
  10. Can't switch accounts

Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....