Windows 10: Can't switch off Windows

Discus and support Can't switch off Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I can't seem to turn off Windows. I want to get into the Bios settings but windows won't let me; There is no Fast boot option in power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frustrated_with_windows, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Can't switch off Windows

Hello, I can't seem to turn off Windows. I want to get into the Bios settings but windows won't let me;

There is no Fast boot option in power options.

Holding shift whilst shutting down doesn't do anything different

No difference between restart and shutdown.

Computer is not POSTing with beeps.

Windows has literally bricked my computer so it can only be used as a Windows machine!

:)

frustrated_with_windows, Jan 25, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 25, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Can't switch off Windows

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch off Windows

1. Can't switch off Windows - Similar Threads - Can't switch off

2. I can't switch s mode off

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't switch s mode off: when I go through the steps to turn s mode off , settings - Updates and security - activate all I get is upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-s-mode-off/83cdebcf-405e-4c39-a6ca-712f0f0f8423
  3. I can't switch s mode off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch s mode off: when I go through the steps to turn s mode off , settings - Updates and security - activate all I get is upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-s-mode-off/83cdebcf-405e-4c39-a6ca-712f0f0f8423
  4. I can't switch s mode off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't switch off Real-Time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch off Real-Time protection: I can't switch off my real-time protection but every time I try to switch it off it keeps going back on. Please help me to switch off the real-time protection....
  6. Can't switch off Real-Time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch off Real-Time protection: I can't switch off my real-time protection but every time I try to switch it off it keeps going back on. Please help me to switch off the real-time protection....
  7. system hangs/can't switch off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system hangs/can't switch off: After the last upgrade, my Acer Aspire 515 keeps hanging on restart. A message saying an error has occurred and it must restart. this happens several times then it hangs. I cannot get it to switch off! Any ideas what is the problem? Currently the screen is hanging after...
  8. I can't switch off S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't switch off S mode.: I can't run 3rd party software because it says I need to update the store. But there's no update available. I would like an explanation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-off-s-mode/2e631ed5-c07e-47d8-9cc9-ea8a65f8fdfc"
  9. Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.: I have noticed that while viewing photos on windows 10 it auto enhances the image(not very well) after about a second. This wasn't a problem until I noticed it in lightroom as well. I have gone trough every setting I can think of. I am up to date on windows and gpu drivers....
  10. I can't switch computer off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I can't switch computer off: All the icons at the bottom of the screen do not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-computer-off/e65c9ab0-536e-4583-92f0-6691a4508b9b