Windows 10: Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer

Discus and support Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried switching via instructions through control panel and it goes to blank store page...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KarenAdams6, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer

I have tried switching via instructions through control panel and it goes to blank store page...

:)

KarenAdams6, Jul 31, 2019

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jul 31, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer

Windows10 running in selective mode vs. normal mode

I think we can put this to bed now, here is my final take on Selective Mode vs. Normal Mode. Windows10 will switch to Selective Mode when a system driver is at a version level not verified or approved by Microsoft. For example, updating my display driver to the latest version caused Windows10 to switch into Selective Mode. Once Windows10 switches to Selective Mode, as far as I have tested, it will not go back into Normal Mode. I suspect this has to do with the Registry changing due to upgrading a system driver. So, after leaving things alone and letting Windows10 select the drivers Windows10 stayed in Normal Mode. I then upgraded my network adapter driver and bam, Windows10 switch to Selective Mode and would not revert back to Normal Mode even after rolling back the driver.

Running in Selective Mode is, basically, no different than running in Normal Mode. So if you should notice your computer running in Selective Mode it means there is a system driver that Microsoft has not yet approved, verified, recognized, or provided by Microsoft. As long as your computer is running without problems, everything is just fine.

As a side note, I did contact Microsoft support on this issue. As far as Microsoft is concerned Windows10 should run in Normal Mode. They can't or won't explain why Windows10 is running in Selective Mode, nor will they tell you it is ok. Microsoft technical support provides very basic support, nothing too complicated, and can't really help for more involved issues. As an IT professional I found Microsoft support to be condescending as they assume the customer knows nothing and they don't listen very well. Microsoft support would much rather remote in to your machine than provided an explanation or talk you through a resolution. And, once Microsoft determines your copy of Windows is an OEM version, not the retail version, they abruptly stop giving you support.

So there you have it, Selective Mode is ok as long as no problems with your computer. You may find your Windows10 computer may be running in Selective Mode if it is from HP, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, MSI, or any other computer manufacture as most of these manufactures install system drivers designed for their respective systems.

My next post will be on using SSD and a hard drive together, stay tuned.

pressanykey, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer

1. Can't switch out of S mode on new Windows10 computer - Similar Threads - Can't switch mode

2. Can't switch out of S mode on new laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch out of S mode on new laptop.: Hi. I followed the directions to switch my new laptop out of Win 10 S Mode. However, all it does is sit there and say "working on it". This goes on for hours & nothing more happens. I've tried several times....
  3. Can't switch out of S mode on new laptop!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't switch out of S mode on new laptop!: Hi, I bought an ASUS VivoBook two days ago and it came with Windows Home S mode. I've followed all the steps necessary to switch out of S mode and it keeps showing me an error message which says "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. Waiting might help."I've done...
  4. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch out of S mode: I just bought a new laptop yesterday that is set up with Windows 10 in S Mode. Every time I select "Get" to switch out of S mode in the Microsoft Store, I get the error message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." I've searched online...
  5. Can't switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S mode: Hi, I am unable to switch out of S mode as I would like to download google chrome browser. This is incredibly frustrating. I have had a Mac for 10 years. I don't really give a hoot about computers, I just made the switch to Mac back then because I found them more user...
  6. Can't switch out of S Mode..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't switch out of S Mode..: I got my little sister an Acer Aspire laptop and when I click "Get" to switch out of S Mode, nothing happens. This same thing happens with all other apps too. submitted by /u/MidgetPusher [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't switch out of S mode

Can't switch out of S mode: I have a brand new HP laptop that came to me in s-mode. I have tried to leave s-mode through the Microsoft store, and it gives me an error message similar to "somethine went wrong on our end." I have tried all the available troubleshooting online, updated all my Microsoft...
  8. Can't switch out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S Mode: I have tried to follow the instructions to switch out of S mode but the option is not there. I have gone to setting>update & security>activation and switch out of S mode is not available. I have gone to the store and it is not available there either. I have run updates and...
  9. Switching out of s mode on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of s mode on windows10 home: It seems that depending on who's manufacturing the pc , you are not able to switch out of s mode. Lenovo's version of windows 10 home is such a case. If anybody knows how i can download IDM on this pc or a similar program, that would allow me to download YOUTUBE , I would...
  10. Can't switch out of S mode

Can't switch out of S mode: Hi there, I have problems with switching out of S mode. The "Get" button is available and shows up, but when I press it, it simply turns gray (as if pressed) and stays like that for approx 10 seconds before returning to blue, meaning I am unable to continue with the switch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant switch out of s mode

2. cant download pcmatic due to s mode

3. windows s mode i cant switch

4. cant switch from s mode,
  5. i cant switch out of s mode in windows 10,
  6. evoo windows s switch,
  7. i cant switch from windows 10 s mode,
  8. limit on computers switched out of s mode,
  9. can i switch from windows10 s to windows 10,
  10. lenovo s mode switch,
  11. remove windows s mode without logging in,