Windows 10: Can't switch out of safe mode

Discus and support Can't switch out of safe mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to switch out of Safe mode from the Microsoft store and when I say get free it says it is not available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KellyCottrell, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Can't switch out of safe mode

I am trying to switch out of Safe mode from the Microsoft store and when I say get free it says it is not available

:)

KellyCottrell, Aug 7, 2020

2. Can't get out of safe mode

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• How did you went to safe mode?

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type msconfig.

• Go to boot Tab.

• In the boot option uncheck the safe boot option and save it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Can't switch out of safe mode

Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and select
      Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch out of safe mode

1. Can't switch out of safe mode - Similar Threads - Can't switch safe

2. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch out of S mode: I just bought a new laptop yesterday that is set up with Windows 10 in S Mode. Every time I select "Get" to switch out of S mode in the Microsoft Store, I get the error message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." I've searched online...
  3. Can't get out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get out of Safe Mode: I can't get out of the Safe Mode because I don’t remember the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/22da0342-1610-4ab9-800c-fe4af0d90eb4
  4. Can't switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S mode: Hi, I am unable to switch out of S mode as I would like to download google chrome browser. This is incredibly frustrating. I have had a Mac for 10 years. I don't really give a hoot about computers, I just made the switch to Mac back then because I found them more user...
  5. Can't switch out of S Mode..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't switch out of S Mode..: I got my little sister an Acer Aspire laptop and when I click "Get" to switch out of S Mode, nothing happens. This same thing happens with all other apps too. submitted by /u/MidgetPusher [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't switch out of S mode

Can't switch out of S mode: I have a brand new HP laptop that came to me in s-mode. I have tried to leave s-mode through the Microsoft store, and it gives me an error message similar to "somethine went wrong on our end." I have tried all the available troubleshooting online, updated all my Microsoft...
  7. Can't switch out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S Mode: I have tried to follow the instructions to switch out of S mode but the option is not there. I have gone to setting>update & security>activation and switch out of S mode is not available. I have gone to the store and it is not available there either. I have run updates and...
  8. Can't switch out of S mode

Can't switch out of S mode: Hi there, I have problems with switching out of S mode. The "Get" button is available and shows up, but when I press it, it simply turns gray (as if pressed) and stays like that for approx 10 seconds before returning to blue, meaning I am unable to continue with the switch...
  9. Can't get out of safe mode.

Can't get out of safe mode.: My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came up with "Other User". I went into safe mode to add a profile and then I accidentally went into the advanced options and...
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...