Windows 10: Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

Discus and support Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by manteca2, Feb 20, 2021.

1. manteca2 Win User

Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has:
    AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I can get it to be the default and primary driver in the computer.

I can see both graphic devices appear correctly in DxDiag

Advanced display settings show Vega 8 as display device

If I disable Vega 8 Graphics from Device Manager... everything becomes a little laggy, lose changeresolution possibility, etc. and Advanced display settings doesn't show NVIDIA gpu as display device

NVIDIA Driver is 461.40-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Also downloaded drivers in Asus site and didn't work.

Display Driver Uninstaller's Clean and reset of NVIDIA GPU, reboot and reinstall same NVIDIA driver as above, results the same.

In NVIDIA Control Panel 3D settings --> "Global Settings" Tab --> Prefered graphics processor, "High-Performace NVIDIA processor" is chosen.

I'm really stuck, here an Imgur album in case you want to check anything:

GXT 1650 doesn't work as primary gpu - Album on Imgur

Thanks in advance!

:)

manteca2, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Faith Win User

[HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD

You use NVIDIA Optimus?

Nvidia Optimus - Wikipedia

DO NOT disable the Intel APU as it's needed for the nvidia processor to be fully utilized on a Optimus enabled laptop. DO NOT update the graphics drivers from Nvidia on Optimus laptops, instead get your drivers directly from Acer - in your case - as they provide compatibility specifically for your laptop. Using the nVidia GPU as your primary graphics device should work by simply opening up the nvidia controlpanel and choose "nVidia" in the drop-down menu under "manage 3D settings" for the preferred graphics proccesor.

1. Right Click on your desktop, and choose NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Click Manage 3D Settings.
    3. Click the Program Settings tab.
    4. Choose your desired program from the list. If your program is not in the list, uncheck the box Show only programs found on this computer.
    5. Choose the processor you want to use from the dropdown menu in step number 2.
    6. Select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the list.
    7. Click Apply.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answ...774.1499897887

Faith, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Thanks for the rapid reply Dave.

With reference to your suggestion of "forcing" commercial 4K Bluray playback via NVIDIA GPU, please be advised that I contacted NVIDIA tech support late last year regarding this matter and they informed me, as had others in the past, that due to a lack of
    certain hardware based copy protection on all discrete graphics cards, this is not possible. However, the Intel CPU is capable of such playback but I need to be able to switch between the two without having to go into BIOS and rebooting the computer every
    time I change the settings, that is, if there even is such an option in the BIOS settings.

So my original question still stands.

Glutenus Maximus, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

1. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT - Similar Threads - Can't switch NVIDIA

2. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  3. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  4. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  5. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  6. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT: Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I...
  7. Windows Device Manager Detects my NVIDIA GPU but I Can't Switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Device Manager Detects my NVIDIA GPU but I Can't Switch: Hello, I have a nice NVIDIA Geforce GPU in addition to the Intel UHD graphics card my laptop came with. I noticed under display settings and system information that my computer was using the Intel UHD, where I would prefer it use the Nvidia. I checked the device manager...
  8. Internal GPU takes over dedicated NVIDIA 1050

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal GPU takes over dedicated NVIDIA 1050: Hey guys, first time on this subreddit. My brother has been helping me with this and recommended I come to you guys! I don't know what information is relevant and not, I'm not the most tech-savvy but hopefully you can help! I have a Dell XPS 15", 9560. Intel CPU and...
  9. Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU

Can't switch graphcis to 2nd GPU: I have 2 GPUs on my laptop as you can see on the picture [ATTACH] R4 is an integrated GPU and R5 is a discrete GPU but I can't switch to R5. I tried setting each game to one GPU but for some reason the 2nd GPU doesn't appear on the options in Display settings. So, how...
  10. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notebook tuf not switch graphic driver