Windows 10: Cant switch the primary download drive for apps

Discus and support Cant switch the primary download drive for apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought xbox gamepass for pc, and to switch the drive to download games in to D: from C: i have to go into settings. When i try to switch it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathanBlum, May 5, 2020.

1. Cant switch the primary download drive for apps

I just bought xbox gamepass for pc, and to switch the drive to download games in to D: from C: i have to go into settings. When i try to switch it there it says error code 0x80070005. Any way to fix this?

:)

NathanBlum, May 5, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Changing the primary drive.

Hi,

Changing the primary drive from SSD to HDD is possible by changing the path location of each drive. Since all apps are being downloaded on the C drive by default, you need to change the HDD to C drive to have all the apps in the hard drive. These type of
    changes need a technician to assist you to avoid risks and conflicts. We suggest contacting your device manufacturer directly for assistance to perform the said changes.

As for the files, after setting your HDD to C drive, you can create a new folder to store all the music you want in it.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, May 5, 2020
  3. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 5, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Cant switch the primary download drive for apps

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Cant switch the primary download drive for apps

1. Cant switch the primary download drive for apps - Similar Threads - Cant switch primary

2. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  3. Cant Download Apps On Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Download Apps On Drive: I kept trying to download a game onto my flash drive but it wants to download on my laptops storage. I made my settings to every new app goes on the flash drive but it still didn't work. So I did all the settings so every new thing I get goes on the flash drive, but it still...
  4. Cant Download Apps On Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Download Apps On Drive: I kept trying to download a game onto my flash drive but it wants to download on my laptops storage. I made my settings to every new app goes on the flash drive but it still didn't work. So I did all the settings so every new thing I get goes on the flash drive, but it still...
  5. Cant Download Apps!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Download Apps!: I need help now!!!! Cant download apps from Windows Store! This is so frustrating!!!!! ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps/4648f487-8b7f-4f03-ba5c-5a30e98e44eb
  6. Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop: Hi there, My desktop is currently linked to my ex's account. I had bought him the desktop and we shared it while we were together, but his account is the primary one. Unfortunately, this means that I can't make many changes and my account is additional. I can't even change...
  7. cant download an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download an app: i just bought minecraft through the microsoft store because the purchase didnt go through via the website and it says that there is no devices that are applicable devices that it can be downloaded on. my windows os thing meets the requirement for the game and its not working...
  8. cant download an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download an app: Laptop gives the message QuickSetting.exe - System Error. The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing. Try reinstallig the program to fix this problem......I need to know what I need to downlaod tp fix the problem...
  9. Primary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary drive: After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with a black screen. I want my desktop to start up from the intern HD. How to change that ?...
  10. cant download apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download apps: why I cant download certain apps on my new 15 inspirion laptop so many problems trying to get my laptop loaded with all my apps I wwant to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps/1abfdcf4-8e43-4acc-b28f-b47da748ac3a