Windows 10: Can't switch to other accounts

Discus and support Can't switch to other accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AminYV, Dec 17, 2021.

1. AminYV Win User

Can't switch to other accounts

HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login screen and it's only administrator account that I can sign in. I wonder if my accounts get corrupted and is broken after the disk failure... I don't really want to move to a new accountThx for the future help!

:)

AminYV, Dec 17, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't switch to other accounts - Similar Threads - Can't switch accounts

2. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  3. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  4. switching Windows to other ms account

switching Windows to other ms account: Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?...
  5. switching Windows to other ms account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching Windows to other ms account: Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?...
  6. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  7. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  8. Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums: I switched my laptop with my mother's laptop about a year ago. my laptop was the only one that she was able to do dual screens with and had enough USB ports to do specific things that she needed for work. The issue now is that all of her programs and work profiles are all on...
  9. Can't switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....
  10. Other accounts not available to switch to:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other accounts not available to switch to:: When I run net users I can see other users and administrator accounts. I can also see accounts with I use the netplwiz command. When I run an elevated command prompt. I can type in the administrator password. But when I lock the screen or go windows users or...