Windows 10: cant switch user accounts after new windows update

Discus and support cant switch user accounts after new windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hi guys, please help me. my pc auto updated to windows 10 new version . after that I cant switch to my other user accounts . I tried few steps to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by THANUJDESHAN, Apr 9, 2020.

1. cant switch user accounts after new windows update

hi guys,

please help me. my pc auto updated to windows 10 new version . after that I cant switch to my other user accounts . I tried few steps to resolve this issue but I couldn't .

thank you .

:)

THANUJDESHAN, Apr 9, 2020

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 9, 2020
  4. cant switch user accounts after new windows update

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

cant switch user accounts after new windows update

1. cant switch user accounts after new windows update - Similar Threads - cant switch user

2. Cant switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  3. Cant switch accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  4. Cant switch accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  6. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  7. Cant switch to others users accounts registered in lap top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch to others users accounts registered in lap top: We have 5 accounts registered in our family laptop. Recently 1 account got locked as default account and it only logs to that 1 account and doesnt let you switch the the other 4 accounts. You can view them in Settings, but when you try to switch to them, they dont appear...
  8. cant switch user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant switch user: I cannot switch user when I press the window symbol yjen user icon it only gives 3 options amd none of them are switching user. I have two admins set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/08b0e434-3ebf-480a-bea8-6220f7eaa23f
  9. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  10. After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts: I'm having an issue since the Creators update. I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video. That is the only...