Windows 10: Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909

Discus and support Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't switch users anymore ever since some 1909 updates as far as I can remember. By saying CAN'T I mean, the switch button or function which... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Arthur Zou, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909

I can't switch users anymore ever since some 1909 updates as far as I can remember.

By saying CAN'T I mean, the switch button or function which appear in start or login screen is no more.

Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909 ef0b635b-9e74-4435-9223-6864cb5a3571?upload=true.png

Is it just me?

Anything I can do to fix it?

Even after quite a few cumulative updates for 1909, the issue still remains.

:)

Arthur Zou, Apr 17, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Ashton W Win User

Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909

Feature Update version 1909

Hi ErhanKarabekir,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

Actually just as of yesterday, Microsoft announced they will be pushing this to more users and not just as an optional update now.

They state that "Our rollout process starts several months in advance of the end of service date to provide adequate time for a smooth update process."

Source:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

The list of known issues on that page is also small now, and relates to Avast and AVG products. If you are not using those products, it should be safe to install the update for 1909.

I hope this has helped you. Please reply and let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,

-Ashton

Ashton W, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909

1. Can't switch users after update 1909 or some updates related to 1909 - Similar Threads - Can't switch users

2. Updating To update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating To update 1909: Hi i'm trying to update to update 1909 and it let me do it but when i go back to check it says that Im not up to date and Your device is missing important security and quality fixes....
  3. Can't update from 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1909: The 2004 didn't want to come to me through the regular Windows Update, stuck on "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." I decided to manually update to 20H2 with the update assistant, it...
  4. Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004

Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004: the machine is an MSI GL63 9SE laptop, it has a synaptic based touchpad. The keyboard has a key combo that should toggle it (FN+F3). After an update this function stopped working (I believe that update was 1909 or 1903 that I got today). After posting on the MSI sub someone...
  5. BSOD after 1909 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 1909 Update: Guys, I have the strange error (maybe not strange at all) I am on on Windows 10 x64 v1903, Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi board and a Samsung EVO 850 250gb M2 OS Drive. After applying patch 1909 it BSODs with kmode exception not handled, page fault in non paged area, etc and then...
  6. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  7. update 1909

update 1909: Has anyone lost use of their computer due to this update? My computer will not boot up or even respond to the power button since the update was installed. I cant even reach the bios to change the boot order so I can use the rescue disk. Any suggestion on how to proceed?...
  8. Can't login into this account after update to 1909

Can't login into this account after update to 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/x32byTe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eawiic/cant_login_into_this_account_after_update_to_1909/
  9. Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909: After updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after loading the folder for few seconds. After that, when I refresh the page,...
  10. Update 1909

Update 1909: when will update 1909 be available for me on windows 10 Pro? I have windows pro 10 update 1809. Please Advise my emails are navymist *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant switch users on windows10