Windows 10: Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been having consistent issues with trying to switch users in windows 10 home edition. I have two users on my laptop, and if I'm signed into one,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TarunGunampalli, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

I've been having consistent issues with trying to switch users in windows 10 home edition. I have two users on my laptop, and if I'm signed into one, the other shows up in the settings app under accounts and in file explorer, but it never shows up in the burger menu in the start menu, it doesn't show up on the lock screen if I lock out of my current login without signing out, it doesn't give me the option to switch users if I do ctrl+alt+delete, or if I do alt+f4 on my desktop. After a ton of searching, I found a bunch of different issues with user profiles and if I try to troubleshoot them with local user groups, I get an error that the local users and groups snapin may not be used with this edition of windows 10. I have windows 10 home and it is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. I have tried every solution I found, including wiping my laptop and reinstalling windows, which I thought solved it, but it was only temporary and it came back now for some reason. What could be going on with my windows installation that even reinstalling it doesn't fix the issue?

:)

TarunGunampalli, Sep 24, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

How can I switch users in Windows 10?

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will assist you with the steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del key altogether.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the user with which you want to login.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

1. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Can't switch Users

2. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  3. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  4. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't switch user

Can't switch user: I created another user but i cant switch to it, here is the screenshot when i press my name in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/b03ed5c8-296e-4dd3-a9b2-65ae08b9f7ea
  6. Can't switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch user: I created another user but i cant switch to it, here is the screenshot when i press my name in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/b03ed5c8-296e-4dd3-a9b2-65ae08b9f7ea
  7. Can't switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

Cannot switch users in window 10 Home: I am unable to login to a second new user account I added to my computer. There is no option to login to the new account on the startup screen or from within the main account that I use. I tried to do it by enabling an "other users" page but I get "user profile service...
  9. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home. There are two user accounts on the PC, both Administrator accounts. When the computer is started, only a single account shows up for login. When I've logged into that account and go to the start menu, there is no Switch User setting....
  10. Can't switch users in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch users in Windows 10: I have setup a local user and then tried to log into that user and this is what I keep getting. "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." I have deleted the user & set it up again, but no matter what I try I still can not switch users!...