Windows 10: Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

Discus and support Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My SSD where my Windows 10 was installed is gone. It isn't recognized in the bios anymore. So I bought a new SSD, created a media for install a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BetoGazzinelli, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

My SSD where my Windows 10 was installed is gone. It isn't recognized in the bios anymore. So I bought a new SSD, created a media for install a new Windows and installed the new windows on my new SSD. Everything is working well now, the Windows is running perfectly on the new SSD. The problems is that I can't find a way to sync the Windows settings, personalization, apps, edge history data and favorites with my old one! I've tried everything I could think of, I fought that everything was suppose to sync after I entered my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to retrieve my windows settings and

:)

BetoGazzinelli, Oct 13, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2021
  3. sc4s2cg Win User
    Gigabyte motherboard, pc won't bootup after recent hard drive change

So I've previously had this problem when I added new SATA hard drives to an old one, all I had to do was switch hard disk priority to the one I wanted to boot from. But that's not working right now.

Error message: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!
    Specs:
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte ma785gmt-ud2h
    • Four SATA hard drives, three 2tb and one 1tb
    • One IDE hard drive, 160gb
    • 6gb RAM
    • Everything else is the default
    What happened: I had an Amahi home server running on this PC with Ubuntu 12.04LTS as the OS. It was using the four SATA hard drives and everything was running smoothly. Then I read that it's easiest to have a setup where the OS/Amahi is installed on one small hard drive while the large hard drives are used to keep the files on, this makes it easy to update the OS without worrying about the files. So today I installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS on an old IDE 160gb hard drive that I had laying around, which would be perfect to use since there is exactly one IDE port on the motherboard.

I disconnected all hard drives, connected the IDE, installed Ubuntu, and rebooted. I got a "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!" message.

What I tried:
    • Have the IDE be given priority over other hard drives.
    • Connecting all the hard drives back, with and without the IDE hard drive. Same message.
    • Disconnect all hard drives, connect IDE, and set BIO to opimised defaults. Same message.
    • Disconnect CD drive with only IDE attached, same message. Reconnect CD drive, same message.
    • Disconnect CD drive with only SATA attached, same message. Reconnect CD drive, same message.
    • Disconnect CD drive with SATA and IDE attached, same message. Reconnect CD drive, same message.
    • Just IDE connected, mess with the peripheral settings by changing "OnChip SATA Type" to ATHCI, RAID, or IDE. Tried this with "As SATA Type" and with "IDE" set for the port4/5 type
    • Just IDE connected, disable SATA controller
    • Disconnect IDE, reconnect original hard drives. I still get the same DMI message.
    • Attempt to boot from the SATA hard drive that has Ubuntu on it, using each of the SATA ports.
    • Update BIOS to F10B, disabling the "Remember DMI" option. I reconnected all hard drives and the CD drive (the pdf said the 'system' will redetect all devices). Now I got the "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI! Update Success" message, still hanging there. Rebooted, now it's the original message.
    So I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

Edit: there were many suggestions to try clear the CMOS, however that didn't seem to help the posters. I haven't tried that, but if people suggest I should then I will do so tomorrow.

sc4s2cg, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Msap14 Win User

Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

1. Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Sync Edge

2. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  3. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  4. Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive: My SSD where my Windows 10 was installed is gone. It isn't recognized in the bios anymore. So I bought a new SSD, created a media for install a new Windows and installed the new windows on my new SSD. Everything is working well now, the Windows is running perfectly on the new...
  5. Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Sync Windows and Edge Settings and data after changing Hard Drive: My SSD where my Windows 10 was installed is gone. It isn't recognized in the bios anymore. So I bought a new SSD, created a media for install a new Windows and installed the new windows on my new SSD. Everything is working well now, the Windows is running perfectly on the new...
  6. Windows 10 after hard drive change

Windows 10 after hard drive change: Hi - my dog jumped on me as I watched a movie last night and knocked my laptop off and it stopped working...said could not find hard drive and we could hear hard drive clicking. We had an old laptop from years ago where the power just stopped working, so my husband swapped...
  7. Edge didn't synced old data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge didn't synced old data: Hi, I reinstall my windows 10 but when I install edge and login with my account it didn't sync my old data all my bookmarks are gone, anyone know how can I fix that? submitted by /u/S_kanwarjeet [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't change Read Only Setting for files on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change Read Only Setting for files on External Hard Drive: Hello folks. I have Windows 10 and cannot change the "Read-only" setting for my files on my external hard drive. I've come across the issue because I'm trying to edit music in iTunes. Every time I unclick the Read-Only attributes in General Settings, it runs through all...
  9. How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?: Hi Guys, I have all of my user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos) configured on a separate data partition (D:) to Windows and all of my program files (C:). I also have copies of D: created on a bunch of external hard drives, for security and safety....
  10. Change sync settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change sync settings: In order to keep my 2 pc's separate, (win7 and win10) I read on this forum to change the sync settings. I log on as admin and go to ACCOUNT settings. The "change your sync settings" is grayed out. I also do not understand "manage my microsoft account" or "sign in with a local...