Windows 10: Can’t System Restore

Discus and support Can’t System Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The other day my PC went into a BSOD registry error loop with no way to get into RE. I’ve pretty much came to the conclusion it’s not getting fixed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Heroic X River, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Can’t System Restore

The other day my PC went into a BSOD registry error loop with no way to get into RE. I’ve pretty much came to the conclusion it’s not getting fixed. However, I plugged the media tool usb in to try and restore it. So, system restore itself just tells me I need to choose an OS and restart, but…if I go into the cmd and do the whole rstrui it looks promising with a backup point from the day before the incident happened. It just gives an error though when I try. Is there an other tool I can use to get that system restore to work?

:)

Heroic X River, Mar 28, 2022

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 28, 2022
  4. jellyroll Win User

Can’t System Restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CCan’t System Restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CCan’t System Restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

Can’t System Restore

1. Can’t System Restore - Similar Threads - Can’t System Restore

2. Can’t system restore computer, don’t know old password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t system restore computer, don’t know old password: Computer was turned off unexpectedly while in game. Upon turning back on, Computer infinity restarts and cannot get to the log in page. I am prompted to system restore my user but my password does not work. I changed my password online but the computer does not recognize it....
  3. Can’t system restore computer, don’t know old password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t system restore computer, don’t know old password: Computer was turned off unexpectedly while in game. Upon turning back on, Computer infinity restarts and cannot get to the log in page. I am prompted to system restore my user but my password does not work. I changed my password online but the computer does not recognize it....
  4. Can’t do a system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t do a system restore: I can’t turn on my computer because it keeps saying that I ran into an error and hast to search the computer to find one and then it says it’s going to diagnose it and then it brings me to a page saying that they couldn’t fix it and that I can either try and restart the...
  5. Can’t do a system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t do a system restore: I can’t turn on my computer because it keeps saying that I ran into an error and hast to search the computer to find one and then it says it’s going to diagnose it and then it brings me to a page saying that they couldn’t fix it and that I can either try and restart the...
  6. Can’t do a system restore

7. Can’t System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t System Restore: The other day my PC went into a BSOD registry error loop with no way to get into RE. I’ve pretty much came to the conclusion it’s not getting fixed. However, I plugged the media tool usb in to try and restore it. So, system restore itself just tells me I need to choose an OS...
  8. Can’t System Restore

Can’t System Restore: The other day my PC went into a BSOD registry error loop with no way to get into RE. I’ve pretty much came to the conclusion it’s not getting fixed. However, I plugged the media tool usb in to try and restore it. So, system restore itself just tells me I need to choose an OS...
  9. Can’t restore laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t restore laptop: I havent used my laptop for a year. It booted up all fine. I am administrator but no option to manually update. I wanted to just restore factory settings but I cant. Recovery wont work. Just hangs. I cant even boot into safe mode. Help !! 174804
  10. Windows can’t restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can’t restore: [IMG]Hi all i have run into a problem i got the blue screen. I have got system restore points as you can see but why wont it let me click next?i dont want to reset my pc because last night i did and i had to download all my programs and drivers all over again. My computer...