Windows 10: Can't tab back into games

Discus and support Can't tab back into games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue where I launch a game, it opens briefly, then goes back to desktop. The game is still running in the background --> I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notaladeen, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Can't tab back into games

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I launch a game, it opens briefly, then goes back to desktop.

The game is still running in the background --> I try to tab back into the game --> the screen goes dark and the game shows for a second --> then it goes back to desktop

I can't seem to go back into the game. It is persistent in staying at desktop.

I'm using an Acer A515 51G laptop, with an external monitor. I feel this might be the source of the issue, the system does not even recognize the existence of the "internal" monitor. I switch from "PC Screen Only" to "Second Screen Only".

Nothing happens, the display stays on the external monitor.

Help!

submitted by /u/notaladeen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notaladeen, Jun 2, 2020

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 2, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Can't tab back into games

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't tab back into games

1. Can't tab back into games - Similar Threads - Can't tab games

2. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  3. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  4. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...: Hi everyone, this is the issue that I am having with games when I alt tab out and back into the games, the games run at lower fps in less I can at+enter or manually change the game from full screen to windowed back to full screen to have my fps return to normal. This video...
  6. Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?: The game is Minecraft if that helps. Also, it is so I can stream, but I only have one monitor so I want to be able to check obs, discord, etc, then going back to the game without it having to reload. Thanks for any help! submitted by /u/PrimeLemonLime [link] [comments]...
  7. Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab

Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab: So as title says, before newest windows10 update (2004) game (Star Citizen) was running fine. Hours and hours gaming and streaming, no crash problems. Now after 10 minutes the game crash when i come BACK from alt+tab. Windows updated, Nvidia drivers updated, game on SSD....
  8. Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.

Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.: So I've noticed that in different video games like league of legends for example. When I alt tab out of game then to back in sometimes I can't use any of my abilitys with the keyboard Q, W, E, R and the number keys but typing in game chat works fine. This seems to happen in...
  9. Random beeps when i alt tab back into a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps when i alt tab back into a game: so, im casually playing. i alt tab to chrome then back into game. it seems fine for 10 seconds then a weird beep consisting of 4 beeps each with a higher pitch plays once, and while it plays my game lags heavily. the beeps can come at random times and when i mute system...
  10. Tabbing back into fullscreen games takes forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbing back into fullscreen games takes forever: Hi, So I have laptop with specs that should run most games perfectly fine: i7 8gb ram (2 4gb cards) nvidia 970m 1tb hdd 7200rpm But recently (may have began after a windows 10 update but i cant remember) my comp has been taking huge amounts of time to tab out...