Windows 10: Can't tab out when I'm in a game

Discus and support Can't tab out when I'm in a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vyncent Joubert, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and they couldn't resolve the problem. I supposed its an update, but not sure. So if someone could help it would be appreciated.

:)

Vyncent Joubert, Aug 14, 2022

2. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Can't tab out when I'm in a game

1. Can't tab out when I'm in a game - Similar Threads - Can't tab I'm

2. how to stop tabbing out when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop tabbing out when playing games: whenever i look down it brings up the task bar and i have to click on my screen to move again also happens when i look up but brings the minimise and close bar thing up instead at the top of the screen im on full screen mode...
  3. how to stop tabbing out when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop tabbing out when playing games: whenever i look down it brings up the task bar and i have to click on my screen to move again also happens when i look up but brings the minimise and close bar thing up instead at the top of the screen im on full screen mode...
  4. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  5. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  6. When i tab in fullscreen game it tabs me out instanstly

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i tab in fullscreen game it tabs me out instanstly: When i start games that are in fullscreen mode it automatically tabs me out and when i want to tab back in it tabs me out again.I reseted my whole PC to factory settings and it doesnt fix my problem...
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Windows "tabs" out of game

Windows "tabs" out of game: Hello there, I've recently complete clean installed my PC with 1909 (I think, I'm gonna check that if necessary) and it has been a charm. I've worked counless hours with it by now and now problems what so ever. (Ryzen 3900X with a GTX970). A few days ago, I got a bit of...
  9. Tabbing out of a game unexpectedly

Tabbing out of a game unexpectedly: This has been happening for so long and I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. Basically, when I'm doing something that's more than just web browsing, it will occasionally tab out like someone pressed alt+tab. I don't press anything, it just kinda happens sometimes....
  10. Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?: My ALT+TAB is slow even when I'm not gaming. It's not a performance issue, my laptop has not a weak configuration. Every topic I see describes this as a problem when people are playing games in full screen. But that happens in my laptop permanently, e.g. when I have only a...