Windows 10: Cant take ownership of system 32

Discus and support Cant take ownership of system 32 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mosoiu Stefan, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Cant take ownership of system 32

Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i tried EVERY tutorial on the internet and it didnt work,what can i do to remediate that problem?

:)

Mosoiu Stefan, Apr 23, 2021

2. Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Apr 23, 2021
  3. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Cant take ownership of system 32

Ownership Issues

well did you take ownership, you said I stopped it midway?????

Maybe taking ownership and adding yourself in list with full permissions, and ENABLING Inheritance again and restarting PC might get system restore to work. If you can't, and all is running good, leave it be I guess. I would run a few programs and such
    to make sure all is ok. your other option might be to go back to v1709 in start up options and do update again.

But I would take full ownership with you in list too full permissions on the whole drive,, restart pc and on sign in and try restore again. if it fails, hold shift key and restart and try system restore from start up options again. there and then

seahawks65, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Cant take ownership of system 32

1. Cant take ownership of system 32 - Similar Threads - Cant ownership system

2. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  3. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  4. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't take ownership of system 32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't take ownership of system 32: Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i...
  6. No option to take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  7. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  8. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Cant take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...
  10. cant take ownership AND remove read only

in Windows 10 Support
    cant take ownership AND remove read only: ok so i upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro and now i am unable to take ownership of my extra drives as well as change the folders from read only please help 20077