Windows 10: Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk.

Discus and support Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a recovery disk to get my initial state of system back after changing my SSD and installing windows afresh.Now I boot up into the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoAnoman, Jul 9, 2021.

1. NeoAnoman Win User

Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk.

I created a recovery disk to get my initial state of system back after changing my SSD and installing windows afresh.Now I boot up into the system image recovery and select the image that I created as backup but in next steps the problem arises, it tells me that I should create a recovery drive in order to backup from system image.The problem is that my system doesn't have any DVD writer attached to it, so creating a recovery disk would be impossible for me.It's really frustrating I am loosing valuable time while figuring this out, which is delaying my work, please help me out with this proble

:)

NeoAnoman, Jul 9, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 9, 2021
  3. jshoobz Win User
    System Image Recovery/WIndows 10 Recovery Disk

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. I just have a quick follow up question. Will creating a bootable Windows OS recovery disk on the same external HDD as my System Image Recovery interfere at all with accessing the System Image while attempting to
    install it onto the new SSD? And is it even necessary to even use a Recovery Disc if I am recovering from a System Image?

I just logged in to Microsoft.com and saw that my laptop is indeed listed under devices.

jshoobz, Jul 9, 2021
  4. jshoobz Win User

System Image Recovery/WIndows 10 Recovery Disk

Hey! I was wondering if it is necessary for me to create a Windows 10 Recovery Disk in addition to a System Image Recovery Drive. For some context, I am replacing my laptop's current HDD with a SSD I am installing. I have already created a System Image
    Recovery Drive onto an external HDD. I was curious if I need to additionally create a Windows 10 Recovery Disk in order to start up the SSD once I have installed it or if it would be redundant as that OS information should already be saved in the System Image
    Recovery

jshoobz, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk. - Similar Threads - Can't recovery system

2. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  3. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  4. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  5. System image or recovery disk

6. System image and recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image and recovery disk: Hello, dear friends!I made a backup, a system image and a recovery disk of my Windows 11 Home yesterday.If I make a new backup and system image in the future do I have to create a new recovery disk?Thank you in advance!...
  7. System image and recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image and recovery disk: Hello, dear friends!I made a backup, a system image and a recovery disk of my Windows 11 Home yesterday.If I make a new backup and system image in the future do I have to create a new recovery disk?Thank you in advance!...
  8. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  9. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  10. Can't create recovery disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create recovery disk: In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it creates ok. Don Cole 113704