Windows 10: Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

Discus and support Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Baboobraz, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Baboobraz Win User

Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have also tried using fn+windows+PrtScn but it turns my computer on airplane mode and when I press it again it turns it off airplane mode and my screen goes black, and only turns back on when I shut the lid of my computer and reopen it or press the power button twice. All the websites say if your on a laptop to use fn+windows+PrtScn, but before windows+PrtScn worked just fine, and the other one would just turn it on airplane mode. I also have seen that having certain photo apps open interferes with it, and I have none open and have uninstalled onedrive and it still won't work. Is there any way to fix it so I can use the shortcut again?

:)

Baboobraz, Dec 27, 2018

2. Win key + Print Screen SystRq not always working to take and save screenshots.

Hello Benoy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• When you press Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq, does your computer's screen somehow dim for a moment? Also, after pressing Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq and press Ctrl + V in Paint, does the screenshot appears?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?

To save your screenshot as a file, it would depend on the key combination that will trigger to capture a screenshot and automatically save it to the Screenshots folder. Here are some examples of print screen key combination depending on the manufacturer
    of the device (Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrintScrn, or Windows logo key + Fn + PrintScrn)

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 27, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

1. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore - Similar Threads - Can't screenshot print

2. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  3. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  4. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why can't I take a screenshot of the media player anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I take a screenshot of the media player anymore?: Before it became just "Media Player," there used to be an option to "capture an image of your video." That option no longer exists. I've looked around on the web, and I've tried taking a screenshot in full screen only to have the toolbar pop back up as I do. This is...
  6. Why can't I take a screenshot of the media player anymore?

Why can't I take a screenshot of the media player anymore?: Before it became just "Media Player," there used to be an option to "capture an image of your video." That option no longer exists. I've looked around on the web, and I've tried taking a screenshot in full screen only to have the toolbar pop back up as I do. This is...
  7. Can't take screenshots

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't take screenshots: I can't take screenshots on my Windows 10 laptop. If I press windows key+shift+s, nothing happens. If I press prtscrn, nothing happens. If I open up snip & sketch and press 'new', nothing happens. If I open my notifications center and click 'screen snip', nothing happens. The...
  8. Can't take screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take screenshots: I can't take screenshots on my Windows 10 laptop. If I press windows key+shift+s, nothing happens. If I press prtscrn, nothing happens. If I open up snip & sketch and press 'new', nothing happens. If I open my notifications center and click 'screen snip', nothing happens. The...
  9. Can't take screenshots

10. Can't take a screenshot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't take a screenshot: I'm pressing windows key + shift + S and the crosshair to outline my image appears but it keeps getting dragged to the bottom right corner when I'm not even touching the mouse. It's like I have stick drift on an xbox controller or something. Why is it doing this? submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant take screenshot in windows 10 why

2. why cant i screenshot

3. i cant screen shot on windows 10 anymore

4. cannot take screenshot using prtscr key,
  5. cant take a screenshot on windows 10 anymore,
  6. WHY I CANT TAKE PRINTSCREENS?,
  7. why doesnt print screen work to take screenshots,
  8. alt print wont scrrenshot,
  9. i cant screenshot anymore,
  10. cant take screenshots,
  11. why doesnt ctrl alt S take a screenshot anymore?,