Windows 10: Cant transfer folders between two computers?

Discus and support Cant transfer folders between two computers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone have experience transfer data between two computers ? I connected rj45 between them didnt work connected them both to a router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LS_22, Oct 14, 2019.

1. LS_22 Win User

Cant transfer folders between two computers?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience transfer data between two computers ?

I connected rj45 between them didnt work

connected them both to a router doesnt work

Sometimes i can see each computer name but when i click on it , it says network credentials but neither computer has a password

I made a password and entered that but didnt work either

Tried sharing the entire drive permission and individual folders with share but its greyed out

Thanks Windows 10

:)

LS_22, Oct 14, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Cant transfer folders between two computers? :)

Frogger, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Cant transfer folders between two computers?

how to transfer with folder

Hi kiasuteo,

Do you transfer or drag and drop to your memory card or Mass storage?

If you drop files into your memory card, you will need to go to your music player and under options refresh the library so the device can search for any files associated with the player.

Check out the following steps to ensure it is what you're doing.

1. Select setting for USB connection
    • Press the Menu key.
    • Press Settings.
    • Press Connectivity.
    • Press USB.
    • Press Mass storage.
    • Press the Menu key to return to standby mode.
    2. Connect phone and computer
    • Connect the data cable to the phone socket and to your computer's USB port.
    3. Transfer audio files
    • Start a file manager on your computer and find your phone in the computer's file system.
    • Go to the required folder in your computer's file system.
    • Highlight the required audio file and move or copy it to your phone.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

haZey

haZey---01, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Cant transfer folders between two computers?

1. Cant transfer folders between two computers? - Similar Threads - Cant transfer folders

2. Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives: I had Sea of Thieves on drive D, a HDD, and wanted to move it to C, a SSD via the program manager option.Midtransfer, I have accidentaly closed the program manager, and now I am stuck in this state: C has already allocated all the space needed for the game, but program...
  3. Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted transfer of an app between two drives: I had Sea of Thieves on drive D, a HDD, and wanted to move it to C, a SSD via the program manager option.Midtransfer, I have accidentaly closed the program manager, and now I am stuck in this state: C has already allocated all the space needed for the game, but program...
  4. Transfer progress between two xbox accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer progress between two xbox accounts: Hello,So a couple of months ago I decided to get Game Pass for PC. So I opened an xbox account with my existing Microsoft profile outlook adress. When opening my first game after subscribing, a message appeared saying that I need to create an account to play... Okay, done,...
  5. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  6. Transferring two licences between three computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring two licences between three computers: I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working computer to lap...
  7. Transferring OS between two SSDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring OS between two SSDs: Hello all I built a small home server a year or so ago. As i had a spare key lying around, I have used Windows 10 as my OS and simply connected all my other devices to it. It’s obviously not a bespoke server solution but it works well enough for my purposes. I used a...
  8. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...
  9. Slow transfer speed between two builds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow transfer speed between two builds: Hey, y'all I just finished a new build and turned my old setup into a server/data host for my network. Both computers have a fresh install of windows and are connected together through a router with a Cat6 and Cat5 cable with a average connection of 200Down/30Up. Issue im...
  10. need to synchronize between two folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to synchronize between two folders: Hi Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on another partition, which I have to copy to at the end of each session to keep them both up to date.....I hear there is an MS...