Windows 10: Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

Discus and support Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Toshiba l750 64 bit Windows 10, 8 GB ram Copied my own DVD-R to MKV 4 GB with Wondershare. Tried to fix a MP4 8 GB size with Format Factory. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkPerry2, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

Toshiba l750 64 bit Windows 10, 8 GB ram

Copied my own DVD-R to MKV 4 GB with Wondershare.

Tried to fix a MP4 8 GB size with Format Factory.

Both conversations successful

Try to cut or even copy to USB HDD

25-30 MB rate but drops and stops 15% of process.

USB HDD to laptop direction works

Can anybody help

:)

MarkPerry2, Nov 6, 2019

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 6, 2019
  3. sevensss Win User
    Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files

thanks for replay

i don't think it's power problem cuz i did some testing on live Windows disk

list of my tries to fix problem
    1.disabled Suspend device in power option.
    2.disabled legacy USB in bios.
    3.uninstalling driver USB 3.0 and reinstalling.
    any suggestion?

sevensss, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

1. Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD - Similar Threads - Can't transfer large

2. Can't download large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download large files: Every time I download a file of around 10GB or more, it gets up to ~80% and then stops. I have tried this on different browsers and it happens in all of them. I even tried downloader apps and it still can't download. I used Command Prompt to enable Administrator Account and...
  3. Can't download large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download large files: Every time I download a file of around 10GB or more, it gets up to ~80% and then stops. I have tried this on different browsers and it happens in all of them. I even tried downloader apps and it still can't download. I used Command Prompt to enable Administrator Account and...
  4. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  8. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  9. Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.: I recently bought a... "Rosewill USB to SATA USB 3.0 to Hard Drive Adapter Cable Converter for 2.5 3.5 Inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD Support UASP SATA III with 12V 2A Power Adapter" ... because I have a lot of old SATAII hard drives and I like to back up old files on...
  10. External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?: I recently returned a PNY Elite portable SSD ( PNY Portable SSD Elite Silver USB 3.1 (480GB): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories ) because the transfer rate fell a lot after about 60 seconds. I was writing 32GB and 62GB image files from internal SSD to it and the transfer...