Windows 10: Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware

Discus and support Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just changed my motherboard and can't seem to transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware. The License is Retail. Troubleshoot isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TemoKanchaveli, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware

Hello,

I just changed my motherboard and can't seem to transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware.

The License is Retail.

Troubleshoot isn't working.

It keeps saying it can't find license linked to account, but i know for 100% that i had it linked.

I can't seem to contact Microsoft chat support for help.

please can anyone help me with this issue ? or at least show me how to contact the chat support, because everytime i type talk to an agent in the help app, it doesn't show me chat option.

:)

TemoKanchaveli, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Cand3r Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image on Original hardware with Retail licensing

I bought a 'mini-PC' with Windows 10 Pro(which I can link if necessary) and I want to be able to do 'clean reinstalls' if something gets mucked up. I pulled the licenses for Windows and Office for safe keeping and created a system image. I was going to test the Image restore but remembered the product listing it as a 'retail' license that 'would not work if it was removed and reinstalled on the computer.'

Will I be able to reimage this computer an unlimited number of times on the same set of hardware, not transferring to another box or changing hardware?

Cand3r, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware

1. Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware - Similar Threads - Can't Transfer Linked

2. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  6. Retail license transfer

Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  7. How to transfer retail license.

How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one of my microsoft accounts which I'm not using any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  8. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  9. How to transfer retail license.

How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  10. Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware

Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware: Hi, I upgraded the my PC hardware motherboard/cpu/ram/harddrive I installed Windows 10 Pro and now cannot active. The troubleshooter does nothing and the 'I changed hardware on this device' also fails to find my license. I am logged in with the same account as the previous...