Windows 10: Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...

Discus and support Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I just got my new windows 10 desktop pc. I set it up and first thing I did is updated all the drivers from official HP website, since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soyab3, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Soyab3 Win User

Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...

Hi there, I just got my new windows 10 desktop pc. I set it up and first thing I did is updated all the drivers from official HP website, since I bought HP pc. It seemed to be working fine in the first impression but when I tried to download some files, it was saved in C drive. Since I like to keep C drive empty I tried to move them to D drive. The display blinks for 2 to 3 seconds and then it kicks me out of all folders and it gets me back to pc default screen. Even I tried to connect my USB and tried to cut-paste and copy-paste in pc but it does the same thing. I even tried to format internal drive but no luck. I still have the same issue. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Soyab3, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Ken Blake Win User

TRANSFERRING FILES FROM MAIN DRIVE TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE . HOW?

Transferring files form one drive to another is the same whether the drive is internal or external. There are several ways, but you can do it with copy and paste (move and paste) or drag-and-drop (*right*- drag-and-drop, and you'll be given the choice
    of copying or moving).

Ken Blake, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...

Cannot copy files from external drive

Hi,

Thank you for replying back to us.

1. Did you try to create a new user account and try to copy the files from your external drive to your computer?
    2. What is the location that you are trying to past the file? For example, are you pasting the files from your external drive to your Desktop, Documents, or somewhere else?
    3. Are you able to copy the same files from the external drive to the some other PC?
    4. Are the files write protected on your external drive?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: Go to the destination folder on your computer, where you are trying to copy the files from your external drive. Let’s create a
    New Folder on your desktop.

Step 2: Double click on New Folder from your desktop and
    Right Click on some blank space and click on Properties
    and go to General tab.

Step 3: Under Attributes, completely uncheck the
    Read-only option. (The box should be blank, check it again if it has a checkmark or a small square inside it).

Step 3: Click on Apply and
    OK

Step 4: Now, open one of the files on your external drive and do the same, i.e.,
    Right Click on a file (NOT THE FOLDER) >
    Properties
    > General and under Attributes, uncheck
    Read-only option.

Step 5: Click on Apply and
    OK

Now, see if you are able to copy this file from your external drive to your computer.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal...

1. Can't transfer or copy or paste any files or videos to and from external drive to internal... - Similar Threads - Can't transfer copy

2. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  3. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  4. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't copy and paste file - windows explorer.exe Crashes when i copy and paste any file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy and paste file - windows explorer.exe Crashes when i copy and paste any file: It was working well a while ago until recently. I cannot copy and paste any file. Whenever I copy a file and paste it from one folder to another the windows explorer.exe crashes and restarts. I tried the steps in replies here, but no luck. Follow last reply to view windows...
  6. Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive

Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive: A friend sent a video as an attachment to an email. He cautioned that the video is a huge file and recommended I transfer it to a thumb drive before viewing. I have my Scandisk flash drive inserted in the PC USB Port. But I can't find instruction on how to transfer the data...
  7. video transfer on external drives

video transfer on external drives: Having problems trying to organize my video files on external drives. To do the process it appears to be a very simple process but I find that opens multiple issues, be it security or capability unsure. Be denied rights to transfer files, but am the administrator. What is the...
  8. Some of my files (photos and videos) can't be copied to an external hard drive!

Some of my files (photos and videos) can't be copied to an external hard drive!: Hello guys I have an old laptop bought it in 2012 running windows 10. I have a lot of photos and videos stored on it for several years. Now I want to make a copy of those stuff into my new 2TB external hard drive (WD Element). The problem is when the file transfer (copying...
  9. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  10. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...