Windows 10: Can't trim video Windows 10

Discus and support Can't trim video Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just recorded a video using OBS on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and when I went to trim about 10 minutes off of it it says that I don't have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xQzca, Jun 11, 2020.

1. xQzca Win User

Can't trim video Windows 10

I just recorded a video using OBS on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and when I went to trim about 10 minutes off of it it says that I don't have permission to save changes to the file and that I should try saving a copy, This hasn't happened before and I am confused, can someone help?

:)

xQzca, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds (25%) off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by (lets say) 80%.

Note: There is topic that fits this question

mickhumprey, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Bru 2 Win User

trim video

How do I trim sections from a video in Windows 10? If it's to be trimmed in Photos, I'm unclear how to properly position the bottom brown line (left and right sides) and white circle....and whether/how I need to save sections to the storyboard...and
    then how to save all sections of storyboard into 1 video. Very frustrating trying to find clear-cut instructions.

Bru 2, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't trim video Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't trim video

2. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  3. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  4. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  5. Can't save trimmed videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save trimmed videos: Hi, whenever i'm trying to trim a video and then save it it says: you prolly don't have the permission to save changes in this file, how can i fix this? submitted by /u/Drajfuss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwp4y8/cant_save_trimmed_videos/
  6. Can't trim video

Can't trim video: I'm using the Windows 10 Photo app to trim a video and has been working until for some reason when i try to save file with name i'm blocked by an error messagge that tells me i'm not authorized to edit the file. If someone has a solution please share it with me, alternatives...
  7. unable to trim videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to trim videos: Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft help please! [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10: How to Trim Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: How to Trim Video: Using the Photos app. After Trimming a vid, why does the output video play in fast motion? How do I make it an exact clip of the original? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-trim-video/070a7f21-8f06-411b-9766-cf631e15c2d8
  9. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming Videos in Windows 10: Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds 25% off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by lets say 80%. Note: There is topic that fits this question...
  10. Can't save a trimmed video

Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...